SJCAM SJ5000

GJHS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius A & C, SJ4000, M10, Mini 0806, Innovv C3,4, Xiaomi Yi
The real SJ5000 is being released this month with improved specs
@billknow revealed some specs on the RCGroups owner thread. The SJ5000 will have both a Novatek and Ambarella version, both better sensor and video quality. The ambarella version can support 60fps.

Here's the new SJ
image.jpg

Wish the Panasonic MN34120PA sensor and new lens can do much better than AR0330.

You mentioned that sensor a long time ago - did you try it in the 5000 then?

Rumored to be released on November 10th? 3 versions w/ different chipsets?

I have seen SJ5000 already released in China, it's with 2" LCD.
There is also a SJ6000 with 2" LCD and WiFi.
Those are under other brand names, not SJCAM name, probably OEM or so called generic versions ?

I have seen SJ5000 already released in China, it's with 2" LCD.
There is also a SJ6000 with 2" LCD and WiFi.
Those are under other brand names, not SJCAM name, probably OEM or so called generic versions ?
The SJ5000 and SJ6000 you saw before, I think it should be a copy version.
As I know the model called SJ6000 use AIT solution and with 2 inch LCD screen.
Normally most of copy version use low end solution, and price is also cheaper.

The SJ5000 and SJ6000 you saw before, I think it should be a copy version.
As I know the model called SJ6000 use AIT solution and with 2 inch LCD screen.
Normally most of copy version use low end solution, and price is also cheaper.
Yeah, as I mentioned, they are not sjcam-branded [emoji6]

This is just a small warning for those buyers who might be tempted to buy non-"sjcam" branded action cam.

different chipsets and different lens and sensor combos, at least 3 different camera versions from what I was told
Novatek version with WiFI(SJ5000) and non-WIFi(SJ5000 WIFI), A7 version with WIFI(SJ5000 PLUS).
All of 3 versions use Panasonic 34110 sensor.

Reading up on that Panasonic sensor, it sounds impressive. Excited to see how it performs. I see the Eyeshot camera with a similar combo, just can't find any low light video.

Novatek version with WiFI(SJ5000) and non-WIFi(SJ5000 WIFI), A7 version with WIFI(SJ5000 PLUS).
All of 3 versions use Panasonic 34110 sensor.
Billknow is right. SJCAM is planning to release those 3 versions near future. So here is the question: which version will you buy? ;)

The Plus for sure

I'd be waiting to see results first, A7 version is likely to take longer to sort than the Novatek versions

The Plus for sure

+1.

Definitely interested in the Ambarella version. GoPro's typically use the Ambarella processors so I'm excited to see how this "PLUS" version stacks up.

I'd be waiting to see results first, A7 version is likely to take longer to sort than the Novatek versions
True, previous A7s have showed that

It will be interesting to see how the higher end A7 and Panasonic version runs at night - as whatever is in that latest GoPro takes some awesome footage!

Bill are you guys doing an A9 version with 4k at all or will that be the 6000 /7000 maybe?

The lead time on anything A9 is going to be quite long I think, nobody outside of GoPro gets the kind of engineering support needed, most are still struggling with the A7

It will be interesting to see how the higher end A7 and Panasonic version runs at night - as whatever is in that latest GoPro takes some awesome footage!

Bill are you guys doing an A9 version with 4k at all or will that be the 6000 /7000 maybe?
Rev, the question on everyone's mind is how much for that A7 Sj5000 Plus WiFi.

Back