SJCAM SJ5000x Elite Sony IMX078 2k Gyro Action Cam - Releasing Soon

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
SJCAM just sold out of its first batch of SJ5000x Limited Edition 2k Gyro Action cameras. The limited edition was a limited run of only 1000 units that had OV4689 sensor. these units literally sold out in a week. There were a few units we saved for our online shop but most resellers snapped the units up.

SJCAM will now be ramping up production for the SJCAM SJ5000x Sony IMX078 "Elite Edition" Action camera. The only difference will be the sensor will be upgraded to the 16mp Sony IMX078 sensor.

Other features will almost be the same. There may be a few extra features yet to be revealed though.

Here is the SJ5000x Listing

Last edited:
Pictures for the SJ5000x Limited Edition. Packaging for the Elite Edition may be a little different. We will see what our design department comes up with.

Attachments

• SJCAM-SJ500x-2k-Gyro-2.0-inch_All-Colors.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ500x-2k-Gyro-2.0-inch_All-Colors.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 26
  • SJCAM-SJ500x-2k-Gyro-2.0-inch_All-Colors-02.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ500x-2k-Gyro-2.0-inch_All-Colors-02.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 21
  • SJCAM-SJ500x-2k-Gyro-2.0-inch_All-Colors-03.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ500x-2k-Gyro-2.0-inch_All-Colors-03.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 23
  • SJCAM-SJ5000x-2-inch-LCD.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-2-inch-LCD.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 21
  • SJCAM-SJ5000x-Accessories.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-Accessories.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 23
There has been a question about the sensor model number. SJCAM is on vacation right now, but, I sent the boss a message so we will see if he replies.

The Sensors have arrived. The SJ5000x Sensor will be Sony IMX078cqk (12mp).

maybe 2.0-2.7k... if it will be 4k, it will be interpolated. I cannot confirm specs yet so please do not publish definitive specs anywhere guys.

Ok, thanks. I've sold an insane amount of the sj4000. Can't wait for the elite to come out.

Hi, I'm very keen to buy my first action camera. I would mainly use it in my car going off-road. Therefore an anti-shake feature is most important, I guess.
Can someone tell me, when the new sj5000x Elite will come out and also if and where I can get it in Australia?
Thanks

Hi, I'm very keen to buy my first action camera. I would mainly use it in my car going off-road. Therefore an anti-shake feature is most important, I guess.
Can someone tell me, when the new sj5000x Elite will come out and also if and where I can get it in Australia?
Thanks

Yes, the Gyro stabilizer sensor is a key selling point for SJ5000x Elite.

The Gyro is built-in hardware and is not the traditional software anti-shake so there is a big difference.

It is currently pre-order and will be shipping November 6.

We will release more promo materials for this model shortly so stay tuned.

There will probably be many resellers shipping to Australia.

SJCAM official site, SJCamHD.com will also be shipping to OZ as well :)

Thanks

Welcome to this forum by the way!

Is this correct or will it be much ssooner?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 16
SJCamHD.com has the Elite on pre-order here

We haven't even announced the release and people are already searching for pre-order.

I think we will make an announcement this coming Monday.

Oh, yea, I think Iris may have got mixed up... SJ5000x Elite ships out on November 6th.

November the 6th is good i ordered sj5000x from gearbest but they sold out so they said i can upgrade so november is not far away

We haven't even announced the release and people are already searching for pre-order.

Oh, yea, I think Iris may have got mixed up... SJ5000x Elite ships out on November 6th.

Sweet! Had a feeling it would be 4k. Is it true 4k or interpolated?

If it is true 4k I am interested in a bulk pre-order and I emailed sjcam through their contact box about it.

I am sorry if I sound overly excited but I am going to place a pre-order for the SJ5000x-Elite. I appreciate all of the information you've given sjcam_official. I have not owned an SJCAM before so I am looking forward to getting this one. We are in the process of building a home and I want to use the Elite to do some time lapses of the work being done as well as make a bunch of good videos to look back on.

Hello Idao_Joe - First-off we would like to welcome you to this forum.

Everyone is extremely excited about the SJ5000x release.

I will be posting marketing materials on this thread shortly and making an official announcement.

The specs on our site are definitive.

I really believe SJ5000x will be a game changer.

Regarding the videos you shoot, we would love to maybe feature some of them on our Youtube channel and possibly Official Site

We will be having a video contest on our site so you can also enter your video into the contest as well :)

It is currently pre-order and will be shipping November 6.
Hi, thanks for your info. Is the 6 November still correct? The image from DwayneMPS says 6 of December?
Could you please clarify?
Thanks

I received a response to my inquiry for a order of 2-4 cams shipped to USA. They sent me coupon codes that didn't work through http://shop.sjcamhd.com/
Any ideas how to get a pre order quote for 2-4?

Back