SJCAM SJ5000x Elite Sony IMX078 2k Gyro Action Cam - Releasing Soon

Hello,
Could you tell me how customs works on the Germany? I have family on Germany so I could send the camera to them, but I don't know how customs works. If I ask to send to me (Portugal) directly from China I have to pay the customs.
We ship to Germany quite often.

We declare as around 30-40usd (30usd may be too low) and I think it works; We have not heard anyone complain about high fees. I think a lot of it depends on country, also, Luck.

OK for all you guys shipping to EU from China...
...if the price of the goods with delivery is under or the same as 150 EUR (165 USD) no customs have to be payed!
and for goods + delivery costs to 26,30 EUR (29 USD) you also don't have to pay the import turnover tax of 19%!
So it will be the best for customers and no additional costs when you declare all shippings to EU with 29 USD (26,30 EUR) including shipping costs!
Example shipping to EU:
29 USD = 29 USD
30 USD = 30 USD + 5,70 USD Tax = 35,70 USD
166 USD = 166 USD + 31,54 USD Tax + customs depending on article (cameras: 4,2% (analog), 0% (digital))
@sjcam_official declare all shippings to EU with 29 USD or less, nobody have to pay extra!

LG
gente

OK for all you guys shipping to EU from China...
...if the price of the goods with delivery is under or the same as 150 EUR (165 USD) no customs have to be payed!
and for goods + delivery costs to 26,30 EUR (29 USD) you also don't have to pay the import turnover tax of 19%!
So it will be the best for customers and no additional costs when you declare all shippings to EU with 29 USD (26,30 EUR) including shipping costs!
Example shipping to EU:
29 USD = 29 USD
30 USD = 30 USD + 5,70 USD Tax = 35,70 USD
166 USD = 166 USD + 31,54 USD Tax + customs depending on article (cameras: 4,2% (analog), 0% (digital))
@sjcam_official declare all shippings to EU with 29 USD or less, nobody have to pay extra!

LG
gente

I am guessing that this is true for most of the cases. Again, different country's customs have different ways of checking. The SJ5000x is 149 so if imports are really exempt under 150euros, then the price will be just right.

Again, no promises, but, taxes should not be high if you have to pay. The other option is to wait for our resellers in Europe to receive the SJ5000x which could take a month or so as supply will be extremely limited.

The SJ5000x is 149 so if imports are really exempt under 150euros, then the price will be just right.
Again, no promises, but, taxes should not be high if you have to pay.
...taxes EU are 19% this makes from 150 EUR (165 USD) = 28,50 EUR (31,35 USD).
This 2 values together makes a price of 178,50 EUR or 196,35 USD and this is very expensive for the cam.
But i only say this to you because of you have written posts before, anyway you declare the cams to germany with 30-40USD as webcam.
My reasoning only is to set the declaration t0 29 USD not to 30 USD because this is best solution for the customers.
It remains, of course, up to you what you do...
I have sent an email to your sales management as you described before and the answer was positive i think and they will declare it to 29 USD:
"Anyway, we will do it as per your request. Meanwhile you need to make sure whether it is workable or not, as we will have no reprehensibility for import tax. Your understanding is appreciated!"

Thankx
gente

Is there a promo code yet? I want to order 2 cameras with two extra batteries each, plus a couple more accessories.

Thanks

Malodave

So its support max 2k or 4k??
20a145b09fd2ea3a1a1944fb127f3a62.jpg

sj5000x elite:
4K @ 24fps (3840*2160), 2K(2560 x 1440)30fps / 1080P(1920 x 1080) 60fps / 720P(1280 x 720)120fps, WVGA@240fps (Slow Mo)

So its support max 2k or 4k??
20a145b09fd2ea3a1a1944fb127f3a62.jpg
Trying to find out the answer this doesn't really make sense to be honest!

Sjcam can you confirm? If so I already ordered 4 through sjcam hd store and this price is $20 off besides faster shipping for free.

Last edited:
Trying to find out the answer this doesn't really make sense to be honest!

Sjcam can you confirm? If so I already ordered 4 through sjcam hd store and this price is $20 off besides faster shipping for free.

Hello Evan,

The SJ5000x Elite will not be released to the market so I am not sure how Gearbest is planning on fulfilling these orders.

They are violating SJCAM's Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy.

If in some way they are able to fulfill orders, we will issue you a partial credit for the price difference.

There will only be a first initial batch of 200-400 then a limited run of 2000 pieces so I am not sure how they are able to arbitrarily set the price this low when everyone else is selling for around 148-149usd.

There shipping says will ship within 6-10 days so that is a way slower handling time.

Since you ordered over two units we will upgrade you to express DHL for free.

We are contacting Gearbest now to warn them not to do promotions without SJCAM's written consent.

Thanks for pointing this out to us!

Regarding the 4k24, the the 4K is interpolated as are most cameras advertising to be 4k. We write 4k2k and added a note in the description stating it is interpolated. 4k2k is only one hot-spot of this camera.

There are many cool things that are making this pre-sale a big frenzy.

We will update you here when we receive more news regarding the SJ5000x Elite Edition.

Cheers,

SJCO

sj5000x elite:
4K @ 24fps (3840*2160), 2K(2560 x 1440)30fps / 1080P(1920 x 1080) 60fps / 720P(1280 x 720)120fps, WVGA@240fps (Slow Mo)

In our specs table goo.gl/jt41JH , we write: 4K (3840*2160) @ 24fps (interpolated), 2K (2560*1440)@ 30FPS

It looks like Gearbest edited this out. The Boss just said not only will SJ5000x not be released to the Market in China, if they do not raise their price to the MAP price, we will file a formal complaint.

Thanks guys for making us aware of this listing.

@GearBest has a bit of a reputation for doing this. They've done it with other products before and will continue to do it. That's why brands like JooVuu, StreetGuardian and others stay WAY clear of them.

In our specs table goo.gl/jt41JH , we write: 4K (3840*2160) @ 24fps (interpolated), 2K (2560*1440)@ 30FPS

It looks like Gearbest edited this out. The Boss just said not only will SJ5000x not be released to the Market in China, if they do not raise their price to the MAP price, we will file a formal complaint.

Thanks guys for making us aware of this listing.

Yes, they do and it is not healthy for the Market. Luckily, you have good control over your brand and who you allow to resell your products. We are working on it.

Who exactly do you make a formal complaint to anyway?

We sent a nice email and will try calling. This should be enough :) (fingers crossed).

@GearBest has a bit of a reputation for doing this. They've done it with other products before and will continue to do it. That's why brands like JooVuu, StreetGuardian and others stay WAY clear of them.

Yes, they do and it is not healthy for the Market. Fortunately JooVuu has good control over your brand and who you allow to resell your products. We are working on it.

Who exactly do you make a formal complaint to anyway?

We sent a nice email and will try calling. This should be enough :) (fingers crossed).

You will get sold out while ever you supply China sellers, Gearbest source off other local sellers

You will get sold out while ever you supply China sellers, Gearbest source off other local sellers
Yes, this is what we are thinking. They are not ordering directly from the factory unless they are doing so under one of their other factory names.

We will cut supply off to the market at least until supply can be regular; Which looks like it will be several months before we can fulfill all of the orders that are coming in.

Some China sellers are okay, but, you just have to tell them your M.A.P. policy and monitor them..

Just joined this forum - the sj5000x elite will be my first action cam (bought it for my birthday) any update on when they'll be shipped? Want to get it before my birthday

Camera looks great

Just joined this forum - the sj5000x elite will be my first action cam (bought it for my birthday) any update on when they'll be shipped? Want to get it before my birthday

Camera looks great

Hello AkkaTracker and welcome to the SJCAM section on DashcamTalk :)

The firmware is still being adjusted. The SJ5000x Elite should ship within the next week. Again, we will be shipping in the order that orders were received.

Thanks all for your patience!

SJCO

Hello AkkaTracker and welcome to the SJCAM section on DashcamTalk :)

The firmware is still being adjusted. The SJ5000x Elite should ship within the next week. Again, we will be shipping in the order that orders were received.

Thanks all for your patience!

SJCO
Thanks rep for the update.

Am prepared to wait as long as it's for the camera's good!

Back