SJCAM SJ5000x Elite Sony IMX078 2k Gyro Action Cam - Releasing Soon

what adjustments of elite?
xiaomi with original firmware and without script, what settings?
Sj5000elite in your video looks better, but if xiaomi work with script and 35mbit i think will look better.
i also had made some footages with new 1.2.3 but in my opinion the rgb space is not as good as of sj5000 wifi, to much blue/red!
therefore what settings you have done for elite?

what adjustments of elite?
xiaomi with original firmware and without script, what settings?
Sj5000elite in your video looks better, but if xiaomi work with script and 35mbit i think will look better.
i also had made some footages with new 1.2.3 but in my opinion the rgb space is not as good as of sj5000 wifi, to much blue/red!
therefore what settings you have done for elite?

Elite is with default setting, 1080p 60fps, no Gyro, no WDR, no editing, same as Xiaomi.

Colors are improved in v1.2.3 :)

Elite is with default setting, 1080p 60fps, no Gyro, no WDR, no editing, same as Xiaomi.
Outside skins of people looks unreal sj5000x (look orange) and no real white, inside are good and much better than xiaomi.
Something to do with whitebalance of sj5000x that outside and inside footages so different in quality of colors?
Audio much better on xiaomi!

do you have a picture? Firmware is still being upgraded.

...look at the videos here in thread #202 the skins of people outside are unreal comparing to xiaomi, #206 the blue sky is unreal all recorded with version 1.2.3!
Make a video with sj5000 wifi you will see how the colors must be, should be no problem for you as employee of sjcam.
The colors in 1.2.3 are better than before but not as good and clear as xiaomi, sj5000 for this highend "elite" product you tell us.
My xiaomi too makes more natural pictures in quality of colors.
...i tested today with my video software (magix video deluxe 2014 premium) and find out if the saturation is about 20% less and gamma correction 10% more the colors look perfect!!!
Make inside and outside footages for testing.
....another point in xiaomi we can go up to 45 mbits bitrate with U3 card (35 mbits stable with normal class 10 microsd) why only 20 mbits with elite, make a selection: 15/25/35?

If you would like to suggest firmware improvements. Please make them in list form and simple.

1)
2)
3)

Format.

Thanks!

...no problem so i make it for you second time, look on your forum:

newest SjCam 5000x Elite wish list for 1.2.4:

– increase bit rate to at least 35mbps that can done with class10 microsd
– quality mode for videos changing bitrates (high=35mbits, normal=20mbits, low=12mbits)
– allow to choose the AE area (center, average, spot)
– correct RGB space…(SJ5000 wifi has great colour)
– automatic camera rotation when mounting at 90, 180, 270 degrees if possible with sensor
– more sensitive motion activated recording, better working gyro
– increase at least 10 times the volume level, it must be possible (1 starts with level of 8....and so on)
– FOV 170 with gyro on
– better quality in low light situations, allow to choose an low light mode
allow to change saturation and gamma
– make intro and outro gingle (during logo) switched off or on with a separate setting than the buzzer
– seperate icons and allow to choose starting mode video or picture and go back to menu via on/off button
– allow deletion and locking of single files from the Play menu
– allow fast forward and backward when playingback a video
– panorama pictures
– lower compression rate for better picture quality
– On screen adjustments of Quality/Sharpness/White Balance/Color/ISO and EVor wifi button as a control button to jump directly to display and back! Because when you change value in setup: you must go back many steps to the display to see what it does. With on screen adjustment you can see the differences/changes live on screen.
– Time/Date Stamp doesnt change. Standard is Year/Month/Date, i choosed Date/Month/Year but it doesnt change on display and video stamp.

…i tested yesterday with my video software (magix video deluxe 2014 premium) and find out if the saturation is about 20% less and gamma correction 10% more the colors look perfect!!!
Please remember and consider that observation for next firmware update.
Perhaps let the user change saturation and gamma via camera settings…

Last edited:
If you would like to suggest firmware improvements. Please make them in list form and simple.

1)
2)
3)

Format.

Thanks!

Thank you. I haven't used camera much, but I really like it. Here is my short wish list:

1) Have video out to stay ON after switching off and on. It is very inconvenient to turn it ON in the menu when camera is mounted on the drone.
2) Have control over the video bitrate. On my Sony Action Cam can do 50MBps.
3) I am supplying external power to the camera and use it in the dash mode. It would be nice if I could select which mode will start automatically whet the power is applied.

Quoted from gente,
My number 1 wishlist : "increase at least 10 times the volume level, it must be possible (1 starts with level of 8....and so on)"
The current max volume 8 SHOULD BE the base and lowest for the volume for the next firmware 1.2.4. Imagine the max 8 being this low, cant imagine what would 1 or 2 volume level will be like now.

hopefully its software and not hardware issue. Can someone from sjcam please confirm it? Thanks!
Just tell us if its not possible so we can just stop hoping for an improve in audio volume.

Sound is important to me as sometimes when we use it for casual videoing, voice and such is important memories.

added to suggestions above:

1) control compression rate / image quality

on similar settings the sjcam elite produces 150MB/min whereas a Gopro Hero3 black creates 225MB/min
resulting in blurrier images on sjcam compared to gopro
It seems the 'glowing/shimmering' edges are artifacts due to the compression rate. see picture

2) one button operation mode

possibility to turn on camera and start recording with a single button push. conversely, stop recording and shutdown camera with single push.

best regards

Attachments

• GlowingEdge.jpg
    GlowingEdge.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
updated SJ5000x elite wishlist:

– increase bit rate to at least 35mbps that can done with class10 microsd
– quality mode for videos changing bitrates (high=35mbits, normal=20mbits, low=12mbits)
– allow to choose the AE area (center, average, spot)
– correct RGB space…(SJ5000 wifi has great colour)
– automatic camera rotation when mounting at 90, 180, 270 degrees if possible with sensor
– more sensitive motion activated recording, better working gyro
– increase at least 10 times the volume level, it must be possible (1 starts with level of 8....and so on)
– FOV 170 with gyro on
– better quality in low light situations, allow to choose an low light mode
allow to change saturation and gamma
– seperate recording icons and allow to choose starting mode video or picture and go back to menu via on/off button
– allow deletion and locking of single files from the Play menu
– allow fast forward and backward when playing back a video
– panorama pictures
– lower compression rate for better picture quality
– On screen adjustments of Quality/Sharpness/White Balance/Color/ISO and EVor wifi button as a control button to jump directly to display and back! Because when you change value in setup: you must go back many steps to the display to see what it does. With on screen adjustment you can see the differences/changes live on screen.
– working Time/Date Stamp change. Standard is Year/Month/Date, i choosed Date/Month/Year but it doesnt change on display and video stamp.
video
– make camera focus better working (objects in background are blurred)

Last edited:
If the focus is off its either set incorrectly, fairly common problem, or its just not a great lens

...in my xiaomi also gopro i can set by myself via script lens focussing near or far with steps!
fn [pps] [steps]
so should also be able by sjcam in firmware too!

example for saturation, rgb and gamma problem, comparing xiaomi and elite 2K video screenshot:

sj5000x_elite.jpg xiaomi.jpg
first screenshot is from sj5000x elite and second of xiaomi.
Here you can see the saturation is to high, to much blue also gamma and exposure not good.
Xiaomi has more real colors, for this the sharpness off elite is better.
All settings standard, changing that bad quality via firmware should be no problem for the sjcam team!

...and foto made by sj5000 elite you can see bad quality, no clarity and sharpness:

foto_sj5000x_elite.JPG

Last edited:
Back