SJCAM SJ5000x Elite Sony IMX078 2k Gyro Action Cam - Releasing Soon

thats another problem in sj5000x elite. Saw another video comparing sj5000+ with sj5000x elite, sj5000+ sharpness is like this xiaomi yi while sj5000x elite sharpness is really damn damn damn bad.

thats another problem in sj5000x elite. Saw another video comparing sj5000+ with sj5000x elite, sj5000+ sharpness is like this xiaomi yi while sj5000x elite sharpness is really damn damn damn bad.
It depends on the firmwares. the latest SJ5000x Elite firmware looks pretty darn good:

Hi,

About the sharpness:
the picture I attached here in post #214 was made using the latest firmware 28 dec.
I find the sharpness too strong, resulting in a shimmering effect in the video.
A setting to dial the sharpness back, would help.
best regards

@sjcam_official
Tony, can you give here an official statement regarding audio issues? Tell us which cameras are affected, are they still in sale, what happens if a customer receives one with faulty audio.
From what I understand its a hardware issue, so firmware update can't do any good.
I am in the middle of article, and I just need to know what is going on. I do not wish to write something without knowing your side of the story.

So it would be good to know what caused the issue, can it be fixed easily if a customer is tech-savvy, how are those faulty unit handles, are they withdrawn from stores or are they still available.

BUG REPORTS:
- 64GB memory card - playback does not work with 64gb cards, works with all others.
- You have TV Out mode twice, once in "modes" and once in "settings"
- Video Mode Pal/NTSC makes zero difference to video resolutions, so why do we need it?

Last edited:
Wow SJCAM, you just deleted my account in your forum and EVERYTHING people has been complaining on your forum in the past 2 weeks due to you being at CES or what and being inactive yourself. Why delete it and not answering our questions??? Now i know how you guys manage and work -_- Seriously...

@sjcam_official
Thanks for the arrangement of replacement camera that you offered me.

Anyway, beside the audio issue which seem not totally solved, i feel that the colour of the video on above youtube is not so right (i had review my video closely).

I would like to suggest that in order to produce a more natural colour, is that possible for SJCam tech team to took a video by iPhone and adjust the colour, saturation, brightness, contrast of SJ5000x elite video compare and make it near to the iPhone video, it will produce a better result.

I think many users will agree with my suggestion even thou i am not a iPhone fans, and also i do not have a iPhone to offer u ...lol.

@saints5354
Have you installed latest 1.2.3 firmware?
Previews 2.2 was really bleached out, but the one they have now makes colors look much better.
dsadsasdsa.jpg

...better but not good, looks like sjcam do not work on new firmware. They found videos. Very good...
Hope sjcam look for wishes of users posted many times in the right format they want!

Either you need to calibrate your monitor properly or have realistic expectations from an action camera @gente. While I agree with many of yours posts on the forum ,and respect your opinion, I can not agree that the colors are not good. For my taste they are quite good and leave enough space for color-correction in post production in case someone likes vivid look, which for instance I don't. This look pretty realistic to me.
There are MANY other things to fix before color on this camera.
1.2.2 (terrible colors)
dsadsdadsa.jpg
1.2.3 (good colors imho)
dsadsadsadsadsa.jpg

I think you are one of those who likes a bit more saturated images with more vivid colors, but you can't request such feature just because you think its good to have such colors, for most people colors like that look unrealistic. I think Daylight White balance gives warmer colors that might suit your taste.

...its your opinion for me and many others the colors are not as good as sj 5000 wifi my refernce cam. Also xiami yi and iphone6 makes more natural pictures. For me its the best not to do change many things in editor, as more natural directly from cam is the best. For editing after shooting i make raws! I have post examples in that forum and the official sjcam forum you can see saturation is to high and gamma to low. So i need exactly the otherway you told. Less saturation!
Sorry but my imac has best calibration, could be yours need a new one . I do not compare with gopro4 but that pictures are very very good and untouchable. We know that many things had to change but fir me and other testing users color has to be much natural.
That says me that there is much to do for sjcam to make elite a better cam and make users happy. We have made a wishlist for sjcam and they decide what they will do.
Have a nice day

That's up to image sensor, I am sure you are aware two different sensors can not produce same colors. Not to mention that they come from different brand.
Agreed about the list, I will include my suggestions along the way, so far I pointed out a few in previous post.

Last edited:
...but you can make in color managment looking for output same, you only need other parameters to become the ecactly looking. Thats good in xiaomi open source i can set all for myself via script. Why they call the new one "elite", better name is "light", when the product before makes the most things better? Why the elite Have an audio problem and all brands before are good, i think every new version should work as same as or better as the old one. In my opinion the firmware is not programmed very good! So we have to told them what is not good and if they are clever they try to do that.
Read original forum what bad experiences the users made with the manufacturer...

Last edited:
@Pavle
I am agreed with @gente that Xiaomi and iPhone6 produce a better or more natural colour. It feel that "something" is not so right with the colour even with the V1.23 firmware.

Anyway i d0 not adjust my monitor contrast when viewing different video ...lol. I also get to know about SJ5000x Elite from your web site when browsing around, good job.

They just issue a statement regarding the post and account creations. It is due to server migration.

On a side note, SJCAM should inform us about it or it might be an unexpected incident.

Just hope the next firmware can solve alot of things.

1 thing i know that firmware v1.2.4 170FOV in waterproof casing wont have the “shadows” from the casing front anymore.

Hi, one question, I have got problems with the android app, when i download a video to my phone. Pictures are ok, but video doesn't download correct. I try with another sdcard of 32 gb, and there is the same problem... Another thing, with my sdcard of 64 gb can not record at 4k. with the 32 one is ok,

Thanks SJCam for the support, hope it will keep improving...

Uploaded a video with FW 1.2.4 sound test. Stages 8/9/10..

V1.2.4 20160112

1, Fixes waterproof housing has Black Corner in sensor issue
2, increase the machine can be 64G 128G EXFAT card formatted as FAT32: EXFAT insert DV, DV will prompt “card error, please format the card” and then after the machine format, you can use
3, modify the replay did not take the question of the role rewind
4, modify disconnection problems caused by APP
5, optimization of color reproduction
6, to improve camera sharpness, contrast, noise reduction photographed
7, noise optimization 2K resolution
8, optimize clarity 1080P60
9, optimize battery life
10, the recording volume increases 9,10 Level
11, increase the exposure time setting options: You can select AUTO, 1/30 seconds, 1 second, 2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds. Note that the exposure time option in the camera and burst interval when no action, the software will perform automatic exposure time

..lets see if the corrections take the wanted effect.
To correct the black corners you must decrease 170fov how will you fix that housing and lens problem otherwise? This would be not the best way to cut the fov.

Last edited:
Back