SJCAM SJ5000x Elite Sony IMX078 2k Gyro Action Cam - Releasing Soon

@sjcam_official
May I get a reply about the audio and units affected, reasons etc.
@sjcam_official
Tony, can you give here an official statement regarding audio issues? Tell us which cameras are affected, are they still in sale, what happens if a customer receives one with faulty audio.
From what I understand its a hardware issue, so firmware update can't do any good.
I am in the middle of article, and I just need to know what is going on. I do not wish to write something without knowing your side of the story.

So it would be good to know what caused the issue, can it be fixed easily if a customer is tech-savvy, how are those faulty unit handles, are they withdrawn from stores or are they still available.

BUG REPORTS:
- 64GB memory card - playback does not work with 64gb cards, works with all others.
- You have TV Out mode twice, once in "modes" and once in "settings"
- Video Mode Pal/NTSC makes zero difference to video resolutions, so why do we need it?

Has anyone managed to make any camera past SJ4000 WiFi and M10 work as webcameras on Windows 10?
Basically none works the way it should, all give black and white output. I though if nothing, I can use mine as webcam.

...hey foto freaks searching for a good raw-->dng converter mac for sjcam5000x elite, adobe converter does not recognize raw files from cam.

Just updated my SJ5000x Elite firmware to V1.24, here my finding:
- Audio had become louder (nice), but volume 10 is way too loud.
- Audio was noisy and bass was too soft.
- As many user feedback, I can see dead pixel too.
- Sharpness has improve, yet to really test on it outdoor.

Compare to Xiaomi Yi, audio recorded on SJ5000x was not great in bitrate.

Xiaomi @ 128kpbs / 48khz
SJ5000x Elite @ 96kpbs / 32khz

Good try SJCam, you had tried to improve, keep it up.

The three things I noticed were the colors are on point (easily matched with my Sony Nex F3), overall image looks better and my 64gb card works now without having to do a FAT32. I think the 1.2.4 firmware is the best so far. I didn't check the sound, but indeed there are two more levels. I'm anxious to try out the 4k.

-Nate

The three things I noticed were the colors are on point (easily matched with my Sony Nex F3), overall image looks better and my 64gb card works now without having to do a FAT32. I think the 1.2.4 firmware is the best so far. I didn't check the sound, but indeed there are two more levels. I'm anxious to try out the 4k.

-Nate

Thanks for your thorough input Nate! glad v1.2.4 is working for you :)

@sjcam_official Are you ignoring my questions on purpose?
Can you reply to the above questions regarding audio issues and serial numbers/batches affected.
@sjcam_official
May I get a reply about the audio and units affected, reasons etc.

@sjcam_official
Tony, can you give here an official statement regarding audio issues? Tell us which cameras are affected, are they still in sale, what happens if a customer receives one with faulty audio.
From what I understand its a hardware issue, so firmware update can't do any good.
I am in the middle of article, and I just need to know what is going on. I do not wish to write something without knowing your side of the story.

So it would be good to know what caused the issue, can it be fixed easily if a customer is tech-savvy, how are those faulty unit handles, are they withdrawn from stores or are they still available.

BUG REPORTS:
- 64GB memory card - playback does not work with 64gb cards, works with all others.
- You have TV Out mode twice, once in "modes" and once in "settings"
- Video Mode Pal/NTSC makes zero difference to video resolutions, so why do we need it?

@sjcam_official Are you ignoring my questions on purpose?
Can you reply to the above questions regarding audio issues and serial numbers/batches affected.
@Pavle, i really don't have this info. People speculate that they can tell the batch by using the serial numbers but we do not have a system in place that can confirm batches yet.

All that we have been telling people is that orders shipped out after November 23 were second batch. Production was halted for around 10 days.

Many people on the SJCAM forum have reported v1.2.4 resolves their volume issues as it adds two more volume levels.

Just to share, i had seem like solved the "bright/dead" pixel issue after upgrade to V1.24. With latest V1.25 firmware with "engmode" method, SJ5000x Elite become better and acceptable now, thank you.

Just to share, i had seem like solved the "bright/dead" pixel issue after upgrade to V1.24. With latest V1.25 firmware with "engmode" method, SJ5000x Elite become better and acceptable now, thank you.
Glad to hear your SJ5000x Elite is now set :)

Yesterday I received a replacement SJ5000x Elite in exchange for a bad audio copy I initially got.
I also have an sj8000 I ordered recently.

Both cams seem to use the same Sony imx078 sensor and both cams needed focus adjustment.

The new SJ5000x sound seems better but still very low quality. The video is blurry and edgy at all resolutions.

SJ8000 has much better sound and so much better video quality, but the video is yellowish, and no matter which WB setting I try the video stays same yellowish. Feels like WB settings make absolutely no effect.

SJ5000x looks much nicer inside (better soldering, nicer plastic, more impressive optics). That's about all good things I can say about it. SJ5000x accessories (waterproof box, etc) also look more solid and higher quality than those of SJ8000.
But video quality is worse.

Hey guys, can somebody tell me why are micro SD cards get so hot in these cameras?
I am using samsung 64 gb pro plus cards and they are usually pretty cold, but these cameras somehow make them so hot in 5-10 minutes one really starts to wonder...

Probably the camera's PCB radiates heat to the adjacent components instead of conveying it away so it may heat up the SD card slot along with the memory card in it.

Hey guys, can somebody tell me why are micro SD cards get so hot in these cameras?
I am using samsung 64 gb pro plus cards and they are usually pretty cold, but these cameras somehow make them so hot in 5-10 minutes one really starts to wonder...

can be due to poor hardware design layout or poor firmware implementation, I haven't seen a teardown of this model to know if it's a design issue or not

Probably the camera's PCB radiates heat to the adjacent components instead of conveying it away so it may heat up the SD card slot along with the memory card in it.

Possibly, i am not sure if it is the memory card size issue though.

Ok looks like I solved the audio problems in my sj5000x elite.

http://savepic.ru/8522458.jpg
http://savepic.ru/8583901.jpg

Thanks for sharing and glad to hear your issues are resolved!

Maybe try turning Gyro off and recording at 1080p @ 60fps. things like Wifi can be turned off when not needed as well.

Downloaded and upgraded. Video still jerky and blurry as heck.
Tried 2kx30 and 1080x24.
Tried Gyro on and off.
Tried bitrate high and normal.
Tried MP3 and MOV.
When I don't move the camera I get a nice clear picture.
When I move the camera I get a video I can't use.
What a waste of time and money.

My fake 'SJ' sj8000 camera takes so much better videos in the same room.

Back