SJCAM SJ5000x Limited Edition - 2K Gyro 2.0" Action Cam Released!

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
1000pcs SJCAM SJ5000x "Limited Edition" have arrived. This 1000pc SJ5000x batch will have the OmniVison 4689 Sensor and an Upgraded Lens. SJCAM will only release 1000pcs OV4689 SJ5000x at this price.

After the 1000pc Limited Edition SJ5000x are sold, the SJ5000x sensor will be upgraded to the Sony IMX078. The SJ5000x IMX078 Version will be released in 1-2 Months.

You can check out First Look pictures here: SJ5000x Blog

Here are some SJ5000x hot-spots:

• 2.0 inch LCD Screen
  • Video Lapse / Camera Lapse
  • Gyro Anti-shake Stabilization function
  • Rotation mode
  • New NTK96660 Novatek CPU
  • AV-Out
  • HDMI-out
  • 18 supported languages: SJ5000x 2K adds OSD support for: Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Danish, Dutch, Turkish
  • 2K video resolution (2560x1440P) and 60FPS (1920x1080P) – SJ5000x 2K shoots ultra-clear videos.
  • Android & iOS Wireless mobile connection via Wi-Fi – preview / shoot videos & pictures remotely – Easy-to-Share
  • Real-time AV-out – connect your AV OUT cable to Monitor and watch real-time.

Product Link: SJCAM SJ5000x

We are uploading a first look Review video to Youtube so stay tuned to the Official SJCAM Youtube channel: SJCAM Reviews

Attachments

• DSC_8658.jpg
    DSC_8658.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_8667.jpg
    DSC_8667.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 7
  • sjcam-sj5000x.jpg
    sjcam-sj5000x.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

First Look World Premiere video for the SJCAM SJ5000x Limited Edition Action Cam.

SJCAM SJ5000x Pics

The SJCAM SJ5000x also has a new UI.....

Check out full pic on the blog on SJCamHD.com

144203269346.jpg

Attachments

• SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-01.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-01.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 16
  • SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-02.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-02.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 10
  • SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-03.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-03.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-04.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-04.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 9
  • SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-05.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-05.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 10
  • SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-06.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-06.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-07.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-07.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 9
  • SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-08.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-08.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 13
  • SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-09.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ5000x-New-UI-Pic-09.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 12
I'd prefer the Sony IMX078 (12MP) sensor more than the OV4689 (4MP) sensor... I think I'll wait.

Some people are waiting, but right now, the SJ5000x is really popular on our store.

Units are still in testing mode and should (hopefully) ship out later this week.

Some people are waiting, but right now, the SJ5000x is really popular on our store.

Units are still in testing mode and should (hopefully) ship out later this week.

Hi sjcam_official

I'm about to go travelling round the world soon with my wife and we've created a website to blog and vlog our adventures on. Www.wepackedourbags.com
We are currently looking out for an action cam to use for certain activities and as a dashcam during our road trips. We're thinking of the sj5000x but won't click buy just yet because of this new Sony lens upgraded model due out in a month or two. Can you confirm to us what exactly will be improving on the new version? Is it just a higher megapixel count for still photos or will video be improved too? We want to obviously have the best footage for our YouTube videos.
Quite happy to order the limited edition version if there's not much in it. How will cost factor in this too? Is this Ltd edition version a lot cheaper than the new one due out later?

Thanks in advance for your help

I hope you take the time to check out our site and videos too, it might be something that you're interested in following.

Ant

Hello @ WePackedOurBags.com ... Great Name!

I just talked to the production line manager and he says that "Both" Higher Mega pixel count for Still Photos and Improved Video.

If you can wait, the boss thinks you can wait.

The 1000pc Limited Edition SJ5000x are almost sold out so if you need something for a trip you are taking very soon, snap the SJ5000x up now before it is sold out

Hope this helps your decision :)

Hi sjcam_official

I'm about to go travelling round the world soon with my wife and we've created a website to blog and vlog our adventures on. Www.wepackedourbags.com
We are currently looking out for an action cam to use for certain activities and as a dashcam during our road trips. We're thinking of the sj5000x but won't click buy just yet because of this new Sony lens upgraded model due out in a month or two. Can you confirm to us what exactly will be improving on the new version? Is it just a higher megapixel count for still photos or will video be improved too? We want to obviously have the best footage for our YouTube videos.
Quite happy to order the limited edition version if there's not much in it. How will cost factor in this too? Is this Ltd edition version a lot cheaper than the new one due out later?

Thanks in advance for your help

I hope you take the time to check out our site and videos too, it might be something that you're interested in following.

Ant

Hello Ant, I see you just put your order through, Cheers.

Also checked out your blog. I think the SJ5000x will be perfect as it is compact and you will be able to take awesome vids and pics for your blog.

We will upgrade your order to Express DHL shipping to make sure you get it in time.

I will also arrange for a free gift to be shipped with your order.

Feel free to send us any pics or video footage you have and we will add vids to our newly created Youtube channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBM7_qkaFv6diLOrK32VzNg/videos

Have a great Weekend!

Hello Ant, I see you just put your order through, Cheers.

Also checked out your blog. I think the SJ5000x will be perfect as it is compact and you will be able to take awesome vids and pics for your blog.

We will upgrade your order to Express DHL shipping to make sure you get it in time.

I will also arrange for a free gift to be shipped with your order.

Feel free to send us any pics or video footage you have and we will add vids to our newly created Youtube channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBM7_qkaFv6diLOrK32VzNg/videos

Have a great Weekend!

Ah we're glad you like the blog site and thanks so much for the extra gift and delivery, that's really generous of you. We decided to go ahead and buy this one as we should be starting our travels hopefully in the next two weeks or so and definitely wouldn't be able to wait for the new one. We'll definitely let you know once we've got some footage so people can see the PQ in action. Looking forward to playing with the new toy ;)

Yes, it shipped out with DHL upgraded as a courtesy.

Please confirm once you've received your SJ5000x Safe and Sound :)

Oh yea, the SJ5000x is almost Sold out. I requested SJCAM reserve the last 15-20 or so units for our online Store: http://www.sjcamhd.com/store/

There will be no more wholesale order shipped until the Sony IMX078 batch releases.

Mine just arrived this afternoon guys. Thanks ever so much. Can't wait to start using it and getting some footage uploaded

Great to hear you received okay and before your trip! Feel free to post any pictures / videos on this thread :)

What will be the cost of the SJ5000x IMX078?
There has not been any confirmation on price. We only know that it will be released in 6-8 weeks. Price should be similar to the limited edition, maybe just a little more.

There has not been any confirmation on price. We only know that it will be released in 6-8 weeks. Price should be similar to the limited edition, maybe just a little more.
According to the official specs it states that the camera can support selected 64 and 128gb micro sd memory cards. Are you able to confirm which ones are supported? and also why not just any companies sd card? what is it about the cards that will make some supported and others not? [emoji106]

yes, I will go to Hong Kong to buy authentic memory cards to test. The problem with the Mainland is sourcing authentic MicroSD cards. If you have a 128gb card, maybe try and let us know... I am guessing Transcend should work fine..

Anybody else know?

In my opinion memory card is something where you should never save money, as it can be used on any device you later buy, provided you get a quality one.
I do not know for this specific camera, but for plenty others I tested, I used Sony SDHC and Samsung EVO.
Do not buy those 2-5$ noname memory cards, as they are crap (90% of them at least), and you will blame your camera for being crap, instead, the problem is in memory card.
Speed of the card is important, as it helps data transfer faster. Faster and quality memory cards do not get stuck as you record and will last longer.
As mentioned, I used Sony and Samsung cards on over 15 action cameras, tablet, phone, and a mirorless cameras for video recording which was the ultimate test.
Its not about card being supported or not, its about your precious videos being lost or not. Also your time and patience.
So just get class 10 card, from reputable brand, such as Sony, Samsung, Transcend, etc. DO NOT buy noname crap.
My two cents only, but I am sure manufacturer should know the explain better why and how it works in their camera.

Yes, buy memory cards from a big name local retailer. A lot of the cards online are from China and are fake.

I am actually in HK now. Fortress electronics store only had 16gb cards. It looks like we may have to search harder to find this 64gb/128gb memory card.

Again, if anyone has the SJ5000x or other SJCAM and know of a type of card that works, then let us know. :)

Back