SJCAM SJ5000x Limited Edition - 2K Gyro 2.0" Action Cam Released!

I recently purchased the QUMOX 64GB card from Amazon, as it was the cheapest yet had loads of great reviews. Popped it in to the camera and its registered it fine, it shows up how much memory is available. I shot some footage and took some photos but when I went to look at the footage the camera just says 'no data' (or something similar). I linked my phone with the app and used it to download the photos onto my phone which I can see have come out fine but I just can't see them on the camera itself. Is this a camera fault or a typical situation using an incompatible sd card?

I think i saw that people were able to use Transcend cards. Yes, jokiin asks a good question.

no, that's fine

have you checked the card is ok. not familiar with the brand to know what they are like, empty the card then check it with this http://www.mediafire.com/download/t4da2v0v7axs9cz/h2testw_1.4.zip

I've just checked the card using that software, an hour later and it read the following information:

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 25.1 MByte/s
Reading speed: 67.7 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Still no luck.

I then looked up formatting the card to FAT32 (was originally EXFAT), done that and now my camera won't even load up the menu or anything it just sits on the SJCAM screen and freezes there. I then changed it to NTFS and the camera does not even register the card at all, but it does turn on okay. Put it back to EXFAT and the camera works fine again, it registers the card. It's taking photos and videos, saving them on the memory card fine but yet again it just won't play back on the camera. All the files load up and play fine on the laptop and phone but just not the camera itself.

Does this sound like a camera fault, sdcard fault or camera/card incompatibility? If it's a compatibility issue then why is it that the camera can register the card, record onto the card but just not playback the files? Is that a common occurrence of incompatibility?

I can confirm that the new firmware download uploaded fine :)
Thanks for confirming :)

Cool, glad to hear it worked. Have you noticed any differences in video quality?

Regarding Qumox, how did that card work out? I recommend buying something from a well-known retail store in UK. It is not worth is to lose precious video or photos to save a few bucks on a card.

Hopefully, the qumox works fine for you though.

Thanks for confirming :)

Cool, glad to hear it worked. Have you noticed any differences in video quality?

Regarding Qumox, how did that card work out? I recommend buying something from a well-known retail store in UK. It is not worth is to lose precious video or photos to save a few bucks on a card.

Hopefully, the qumox works fine for you though.
As posted above, it still doesn't work. I can use it and save files but just can't play them back or view them in camera. Do you think that's a camera error or card error?

I'm gonna try it on a mates Gopro and see if it works. If it does then it's a camera compatibility issue in which case I'll have to send card back to Amazon and buy an alternative one

Edit: my friend doesn't have the screen for it so can't see playback anyway. Think I'll just stick with the card and use it. Not essential that I look back at the images on the camera anyway. It's all going to be uploaded onto the laptop each day

Last edited:
As posted above, it still doesn't work. I can use it and save files but just can't play them back or view them in camera. Do you think that's a camera error or card error?

I'm gonna try it on a mates Gopro and see if it works. If it does then it's a camera compatibility issue in which case I'll have to send card back to Amazon and buy an alternative one

Edit: my friend doesn't have the screen for it so can't see playback anyway. Think I'll just stick with the card and use it. Not essential that I look back at the images on the camera anyway. It's all going to be uploaded onto the laptop each day

I am thinking it is probably the card. Has anyone else tried the Qumox brand?

Is there already some information available about which cards work for the SJ5000X? I mean in the 64 and 128gb segment?
Just ordered the cam as well, now I just have to order a memory card ;)

Thanks!

I think we will start a thread for cards that have been confirmed to work with SJCAM models...

Sounds good,

Got a message from my retailer which told me I had to buy a class10 U3 for the 2K resolution. I think U1 will do the trick as well, but I don't want to find out so I'll stick to the U3.
Now the only question is what cards above 32gb can be used indeed....

Okay, i will start a thread :)

Back