SJCAM SJ500X, SJX1000, SJ5000X Elite - differences, opinons, critics?

Pavle

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Hi guys,

I wanted to create a side by side specs comparison of newly released SJCAM models that they released.
Image is from my website, and it is subject to change. For live changes, check the link below.
IMAGE.png
Full side by side comparison with tables can be seen here | http://sjcamguides.com/sjcam-sj5000x-vs-sj-x1000-vs-sj5000x-elite-limited-editions-difference/

There are already threads that manufacturer posted, so I did not want to post in any of those, as this is kinda general thread for all three models instead of the one.

So SJAM launched 2 new cameras, and one to be released soon :
  • SJX1000 (thread here)
  • SJ5000x (thread here)
  • SJ5000 x Elite (thread here)
I was so confused when these were first launched, but eventually, after few hours of researching and comparing specs on different websites, I managed to create a side by side table, comparing not only these three models ,but also comparing them to some previous versions of the camera.

Since I do not think I am allowed to create tables or copy them here, you can see tables on my website, I will just upload one image for your reference.

Feel free to ask any questions here or discuss (if you feel like talking) about these cameras.

My opinion is stated on my blog and also in some threads here, I do not think its a huge thing, and certainly not worth the upgrade, but for new users, some new models might be interesting.

Somehow I am under impression this is an attempt to sell existing models, with new features to get more money. It can also be a marketing move, but lets not go into that, as previous topic where I had a problem with SJCAM ended up crazy. Not that I care, but I think admin wants threads to be on topic.

In short :
  • SJX1000 - repack of SJ4000 WiFi with larger screen and more languages
  • SJ5000X - repack of SJ4000+ (no Gyro ) with Gyro stabilization and larger LCD
  • SJ5000 Elite - SJ5000x with sony sensor.

I was so confused when these were first launched

I'm sure you're not the only one

but eventually, after few hours of researching and comparing specs on different websites, I managed to create a side by side table, comparing not only these three models ,but also comparing them to some previous versions of the camera.

you've done what they should have done in the first place, the random posts all over the place with no clear distinction was very confusing

Though you got most of the specs correct, some needs adjustment. Like FOV, no SJCAM ever exceeded 155 degrees
In short :
  • SJX1000 - repack of SJ4000 WiFi with larger screen and more languages
  • SJ5000X - repack of SJ4000+ (no Gyro ) with Gyro stabilization and larger LCD
  • SJ5000 Elite - SJ5000x with sony sensor.
This is what I thought.
But funnily enough, they still make and sell the SJCAM 4000.

The SJ4000+ does have Gyro. only the first batch did not have Gyro.

haha, you actually may not be very far off...

haha, you actually may not be very far off...

I'm totally ready for the 5000x Elite. 4k at 24p has me really inspired. I didn't think an SJCam would be my first 4k camera. I have rigs for it and I can't wait. I already have the test planned out for it.

-Nate

SJCAM SJ5000x Elite will begin shipping tonight. We will only ship 100 units tonight so please be patient for tracking number. We will email tracking once your order ships.

Orders will be shipped out in the order they were received.

Please do not bombard us with email or online chats regarding shipping as it will only slow the process down.

Hopefully, we should have all SJCamHd.com pre-orders shipped out by the weekend.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I just bough SJ5000+ Wifi

guys at SJ - when are you going to release new Fw for SJ5000+ WiFi ?

I have some unofficial 3.2+ currently ...when it arrive, I had to unscrew, screw it back and correct all connections, upgrade it to make it working ...

Camera is not stable by the way - with WiFi switched on it freeze and you need to reboot it all the time (battery off and on)

I just sent you guys links to my reviews by the way.

-Nate

Cheers Nate.

We will probably make an owners thread or review thread here shortly.

Many people are receiving their SJ5000x Elite units now so we should see swift surge in reviews and footage coming out.

SJCO

Only 1 question for SJCAMHD because the ONLINE support have told me to open a ticket in the SUPPORT desk but them usually don't reply.
The next pics is in your site

29f9r94.jpg

Why you declare in the site the SJ5000x can capture video 4K to 3840*2160 and in the real is not? The real resolution is 2880*2160, please to see the mediainfo about a video from SJ5000x setting to 4K.
Maybe this time everyone want reply me. Thanks.

23svipu.jpg

Hello Ferdi... the 4K is interpolated. We will update this image shortly.

Thanks for pointing this out....

Sj5000x elite v1.2.1 firmware coming out…. not a bunch of added functionality but it should solve several pressing issues. Stay tuned to our blog as we will be uploading firmware download link and changelog soon.

Thanks!

And how to become 4k interpolated?

I am not exactly sure... the store link has note that it is interpolated. We will try to update the image on site today.

We all want 4k interpolated or not for many people that was the criterium to buy.
You advertise for that!

Back