sjcam sj7 star accessories & alternative products

totalguy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so i bought a sjcam sj7 star itsa good camera i had firmware i think it was 1.05 but i updated to the latest 1.13 which fixed some issues thankfully.

so i want to buy accessories but there isnt much available specific to the sj7 star so im finding it difficult to find anything i would like.

im looking for lens colour filters
macro lens attachments
and any other lens attachments you know like you can get lenses for mobile phones you clip over the lens? that sort of thing only better.

im also wondering what may fit from the other sjcam products? such as i see things for the sj4000 and sj5000 but ive no isea on measurements on things so i dont have anything to compare. i wonder if there are any documents on the sizing of parts for these camera's? such as lens outer diameter, water proof case black square over the lens sizes for other sjcam models?

also is there things that fit from other manufacturers such as go pro xoami and so on?

i found this rather interesting macro lens but im not sure if it will fit it may be in the way of the buttons or it may not screw/clamp on to the water proof cover https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122400161045
also i was looking at these it says sj4000 but again i would need the sizing on the water proof case lens section https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192126215148
Thanks in advance for your replies

Features:
Fit For GoPro Hero 3 3+ 4 Camera
UV protection lens cap
Direct installation and removal without using any adhesive, fast and convenient
Fully protect your love camera lens from scratches
Inner Diameter: Approx. 2.3cm / 0.91 inch

so are you saying anything that fits the go pro hero 3, 3+ and 4 lens will fit my sj7 star?

Do you know if this will also fit the SJ6 Legend?

RodeoGeorge

Inner Diameter: Approx. 2.3cm / 0.91 inch :
2017010414172988-1006109.jpg

• Very well made, perfect fit on the Thieye T5e!:
  • 2017031613450250-1006109.jpg

fit perfectly into my firefly 6s
    2017030801285866-1006109.jpg
    • Bought it for GitUp GIT2 camera and it is slightly loose but with little bit of bluetack it works great.
    • 2017010414173618-1006109.jpg
  • Looks good. Fit to SJCAM M10+
  • 2016092902290250-1006109.jpg

Thanks,
I'll measure and report

RodeoGeorge

I just measured, and the outer diameter of the lens housing on the SJ6 Legend is 22.3mm.
I think it will fit. For the low price I ordered one yesterday, but will be a while until it arrives here in the USA.

Last edited:
so are you saying anything that fits the go pro hero 3, 3+ and 4 lens will fit my sj7 star?
On the subject of waterproof case filters:There are different sizes between 60 m. And 40 m. Gopro cases. The older 60 m. case has a ring of visible screws ,and has larger dimensions.

On the subject of waterproof case filters:There are different sizes between 60 m. And 40 m. Gopro cases. The older 60 m. case has a ring of visible screws ,and has larger dimensions.

Hmm ok :(

That is quite expensive for what it is, and especially because you can get a similar one for a quarter of the price or less!

This price includes shipping. There are a few fakes ones on Aliexpress. The truly original UV filters cost around $15 but not sure about shipping and tracking numbers.

I bought a 58 mm filter adapter on Ebay from a Chinese mfgr.for the Hero that allows me to use a close up lens videoing on our bird feeders ! I found my Git 2 to have approximately the same diameter, so it will be super if it also fits the Star that I ordered!

cool let us know if it does fit and where you got it from please :)

The UV Filter that I ordered from Banggood arrived today.
It was their Hero 3 and 3 Plus filter (Product ID 1006109).
The inner diameter of the filter is slightly larger than the outer diameter of the SJ6 Lens.
One wrap of black electrical tape (to widen the diameter of the lens) worked perfect, and the filter now fits snug.
The increased diameter still permits using the lens cover (with the filter removed of course) without removing the tape.

RodeoGeorge

FYI-58 mm filter adapter sold for GoPro.
I removed a thousandth of an inch or two from the inner diameter and the filter adapter fits almost flush against the Sj 7 Star's face plate. I've applied a neutral density 4 ,UV, and +4 ,and +10 filters with no vignetting in the "corners"!
A CPL (polarizer) shows a tiny vignette in the lower right hand. Using medium or narrow FOV may eliminate it. See photos.

Attachments

• Before.JPG
    Before.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Before2.JPG
    Before2.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 17
  • After1.JPG
    After1.JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 18
  • After2.JPG
    After2.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 18
Glad the filter for use with the SJ7 is popular :)

Back