SJCAM SJ7 Star Review | Here's Everything You Need To Know

donmarkon

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
A bit late on the party as grabbing a SJ7 unit was chalenge (stock shortage). But review is finally done and i hope you guys will enjoy it :)

thanks for sharing.

@donmarkon, does the SJ7 function like a dashcam such that when it gets powered on from the USB cable, then the camera turns on and starts recording very quickly? Without the battery installed, does the date/time save for more than a week if I don't use the car?

@donmarkon, does the SJ7 function like a dashcam such that when it gets powered on from the USB cable, then the camera turns on and starts recording very quickly? Without the battery installed, does the date/time save for more than a week if I don't use the car?
Yes, need the have the battery inserted for it to save time and date. But, once you connect to App, it should update anyways... Yes, Car DVR mode powers the device on once engine is powered on and it begins recording :)

Yes, need the have the battery inserted for it to save time and date. But, once you connect to App, it should update anyways... Yes, Car DVR mode powers the device on once engine is powered on and it begins recording :)

Does the SJ7 automatically stop recording at a set time after the USB cable stops supplying power, or do you have to stop it manually?

How long does it take for the camera to boot up and start recording once power is supplied through the USB cable?
What is the maximum size microSD card supported?

How long does it take for the camera to boot up and start recording once power is supplied through the USB cable?
What is the maximum size microSD card supported?
i think around 2 seconds. I have heard of people using up to 200gb cards.... we have a card thread on the SJ7 forum

Back