SJCAM SJ7 Star Sample Videos

If you need time,,,,, slow it down.
120 FPS at 30.

There seem to be some dropped frames.

Made this little head 2 head earlier today.
I think i have the focus on the SJ7 dialed in a bit too close as opposed to the a bit to far out it was when it arrived.

SJ7 also seem a bit over the top on the colors, except the grey sky that the SJ6 might be a little closer to the actual color, but the grass was not that lush green.

both 1080/60

Gyro on and on the Sj6 set to low ( dont seem to work on SJ7 yet )
SJ6 was only med bitrate and SJ7 was high :oops:
both WDR on

i have to say i kinda like the sj7 better.......the sj6 was too dark for me. might have to get an sj7 for my upcoming trip to Disneyland!!!

Yeah the SJ6 did underline the poor weather here at the moment where the SJ7 tried hard to put a little positive spin on it.
I am not sure how fast the cogs turn at Sjcams, but i have already reported in a range of issues with the SJ7 as listed in my other thread here.
But judging by how the SJ6 is tuned in now i am sure the SJ7 will catch up soon, the SJ7 is also the model i assume will be selling best as it have a range of marks like 1080/120 and 4K.

The reason the SJ6 might appear darker might be that is is sticking to the 60 fps i set it to, where the SJ7 seem happy to lower its FPS really low judging by what i have seen online, but once that get capped off to 30 FPS minimum and locking in the actual FPS chosen will change that.

I will take a closer look at this soon and count actual frames/ second to see if it match the FPS chosen in settings.

I hit the jungle hard today :cool: but due to many other visitors i had to restrain myself and not go full Tarzan ;)

Here is what i captured with the SJ7 star on a selfie pole ( wish i had one of those gimbal thingies on the selfie pole, im a bit shaky )

It may take a while for the footage to be ready in 4K, i am also uploading the raw footage as i type.

Last edited:
I did a little recording using 1080/120 today, the resulting slowed down footage do "jerk" some.

BUT ! dashcam footage at this rate make it a lot more relaxing trying to spot those license plates :D

[Цитата="kamkar1, должность: 319188, член: 3323"]я сделал небольшую запись, используя 1080/120 сегодня, в результате замедлило кадры сделать "толчок" какой-то.
[СМИ=на YouTube]OOarfbLJPOk[/СМИ]

Но ! dashcam кадры при такой скорости сделать это гораздо более расслабляющим, пытаясь обнаружить те номерных знаков :Д[/Цитата]
Slowing down the video, because the lack of computing power. The bitrate would be about 100 000. The original video is also visible "noise"?

The video is 1 minute slowed down to make up a 3 minute clip. ( raw original footage is 60mbit )

I used pinnacle studio 20 ultimate, so i was not able to make output file bitrate higher than 40 mbit as the software can not do that ( at least not with my hardware, intel core i7 quadcore first version 3 GHZ, 3 years old - 32 Gb ram - Nvidia GTX 570 also 3 years old )

Would love to build new 8 / 16 core computer with new AMD RYZEN CPU and GFX card, but no money for such things.

The sj 7 120 fps on little camera channel is not smooth but stuttery.
Stuttery? Yes, it appears jerky.

Yeah it is not as smooth as you would expect, off course at 1:1 you dont see it.

I am looking forward to get some sunshine so i can get some optimal footage, that i will then go thru and look over frame by frame to see what go on.

I assume its frames that get dropped, but i will have to do a count to verify that.

Yeah it is not as smooth as you would expect, off course at 1:1 you dont see it.

I am looking forward to get some sunshine so i can get some optimal footage, that i will then go thru and look over frame by frame to see what go on.

I assume its frames that get dropped, but i will have to do a count to verify that.
Please drop a source file on file sharing filmed in the format 180-120 fps

Uploading now

VLC doesn't like the 120 FPS files, Quicktime and MPlayerX are working well.

Too dark, jerky and grainy for dash cam purposes.

yeah it will need to be fixed, just talking in general here.

watched the video on Yi 4K the quality is good, the "grain" no

Back