SJCAM SJ7 STARS + GIMBAL SMOOTH Q

Nice recording.
And nice you can now buy a okay gimbal for little money, i got one on my wish list for sure.

Nice video. Can you tell us about your setup? Did you have an adaptor for the SJ7? I also have a smooth q, but I'm currently mounting it directly (using selfie mode so the camera can face the correct direction).

Nice video. Can you tell us about your setup? Did you have an adaptor for the SJ7? I also have a smooth q, but I'm currently mounting it directly (using selfie mode so the camera can face the correct direction).
This is the first time I have heard of Smooth Q... gonna check it out now though :)

With the music there i cant tell if the gimbal are noisey, i have seen some that made a lot of noise the camera microphone easy pick up

This is my setup with smooth q

Only problem i have with the little action cameras on a gimbal is most often you will not be able to see the screen on the camera, so aiming are down to chance and the wide angle lens.

Only problem i have with the little action cameras on a gimbal is most often you will not be able to see the screen on the camera, so aiming are down to chance and the wide angle lens.
You can use Adapter or connected by wifi and liveview on your phone.

I have one but using the SJ7 seems to put large amounts of stress on the motors and cause motor whine / heat buildup as the cam is just a bit too light.

This is correctable by adding a little extra weight. Since the SJ7 does not have a tripod mount I just zip tied a metal piece to the bottom. No more motor whine or excess heat.

It seems like a decent device so far but further testing is needed to come to a proper conclusion.

@sjcam_official:
i don't know if this question was allready here before, but will get the sj7 raw photo support?

@sjcam_official:
i don't know if this question was allready here before, but will get the sj7 raw photo support?

There was a script released. We asked them to add support for RAW, but, it seems like they are finishing working on the rest of the bugs before adding new things. SJ8 will have it.

Just want to mention how impressed I am with the recording. Almost makes me want to get a gimbal...

This is the first time I have heard of Smooth Q... gonna check it out now though :)
get it, i have one and use it all the time for cinematic looking footage of my little girl. smooths out the bumps like a champion

get it, i have one and use it all the time for cinematic looking footage of my little girl. smooths out the bumps like a champion
SJCAM may also be releasing a gimbal soon....

So now I need to buy a gimbal too?!

Back