SJCAM SJ7 STARS + GIMBAL SMOOTH Q

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Nice recording.
And nice you can now buy a okay gimbal for little money, i got one on my wish list for sure.

Showshowcam

Reaction score
Country
France
Nice video. Can you tell us about your setup? Did you have an adaptor for the SJ7? I also have a smooth q, but I'm currently mounting it directly (using selfie mode so the camera can face the correct direction).

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Nice video. Can you tell us about your setup? Did you have an adaptor for the SJ7? I also have a smooth q, but I'm currently mounting it directly (using selfie mode so the camera can face the correct direction).
This is the first time I have heard of Smooth Q... gonna check it out now though :)

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
With the music there i cant tell if the gimbal are noisey, i have seen some that made a lot of noise the camera microphone easy pick up

OP
H

hung

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
This is my setup with smooth q

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Only problem i have with the little action cameras on a gimbal is most often you will not be able to see the screen on the camera, so aiming are down to chance and the wide angle lens.

OP
H

hung

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Only problem i have with the little action cameras on a gimbal is most often you will not be able to see the screen on the camera, so aiming are down to chance and the wide angle lens.
You can use Adapter or connected by wifi and liveview on your phone.

DrekiTech

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have one but using the SJ7 seems to put large amounts of stress on the motors and cause motor whine / heat buildup as the cam is just a bit too light.

This is correctable by adding a little extra weight. Since the SJ7 does not have a tripod mount I just zip tied a metal piece to the bottom. No more motor whine or excess heat.

It seems like a decent device so far but further testing is needed to come to a proper conclusion.

DoucheTrooper

Reaction score
Country
Germany
@sjcam_official:
i don't know if this question was allready here before, but will get the sj7 raw photo support?

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
@sjcam_official:
i don't know if this question was allready here before, but will get the sj7 raw photo support?
There was a script released. We asked them to add support for RAW, but, it seems like they are finishing working on the rest of the bugs before adding new things. SJ8 will have it.

vacuumboots

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just want to mention how impressed I am with the recording. Almost makes me want to get a gimbal...

Agie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many to list here (psst, Viofo, Chupad, Xiaomi, Mini )
This is the first time I have heard of Smooth Q... gonna check it out now though :)
get it, i have one and use it all the time for cinematic looking footage of my little girl. smooths out the bumps like a champion

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
get it, i have one and use it all the time for cinematic looking footage of my little girl. smooths out the bumps like a champion
SJCAM may also be releasing a gimbal soon....

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
SG, Viofo/GitUp, Mobius
So now I need to buy a gimbal too?!