SJCAM SJDASH Dashcam - 3" Sony IMX323 Car camera

Okay, so this message is meant to say: Card Error. Please reformat.

Cluster size wrong is a valid error message, usually means the card was formatted in some other device using the wrong parameters, that can often be fixed in your PC though by using this software https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ and doing a full format back to default settings, and then formatting the card in camera to set the correct format to suit what the camera wants

Cluster size wrong is a valid error message, usually means the card was formatted in some other device using the wrong parameters, that can often be fixed in your PC though by using this software https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ and doing a full format back to default settings, and then formatting the card in camera to set the correct format to suit what the camera wants

Okay, yes, Cluster Error would make sense. It is just that the average consumer isn't necessarily techie enough to figure it out or google it. We kind of need to make these types of messages "granny-proof"

Thanks for the explanation!

The card slot on the right side is an immediate turn-off, at least for me.

how about the whole shape, just another Mi type camera, monsterbox on your windscreen....

I do not like that, but it shows some great footage....

Hi everyone. I posted my review earlier on a different thread. However, if it was missed, here it is again. Hope you like it.
Cheers

Firmware V1.3 first record after update. I think the update was successful.

Why is Salesberg's daytime video so low quality, and Erman's so great?!?!?

how about the whole shape, just another Mi type camera, monsterbox on your windscreen....

I do not like that, but it shows some great footage....
The card slot position is important to me, the size is important to you (not that I would buy a "brick", though). Each to its own. ;)

The card slot position is important to me, the size is important to you (not that I would buy a "brick", though). Each to its own. ;)

Most fellow road men don't like trucks, nor their drivers, yeah we're all scum, so you can imagine what happens when you get a conflict in traffic, and they spot your camera brick in the windshield.....

No, I like the minimum visibillity dashcams best.

Avoiding is better than fighting.

Piece.

Most fellow road men don't like trucks, nor their drivers, yeah we're all scum, so you can imagine what happens when you get a conflict in traffic, and they spot your camera brick in the windshield.....

No, I like the minimum visibillity dashcams best.

Avoiding is better than fighting.

Piece.
I know your reasons and I respect them, hence the "each to its own". ;)

I know your reasons and I respect them, hence the "each to its own". ;)

Yeah man, I get it.... Hahaha don't worry, besides there's something else to it, I don't have a lot of free space in my bag....

some video tests with 1.4 firmware, different light conditions including complete darkness (with only car lights)

some video tests with 1.4 firmware, different light conditions including complete darkness (with only car lights)

Looking good. Thanks for sharing!

the SJDASH+ will be similar in size.... SJDASH+

Local distributor does not want to say lol

Has anyone changed the built-in lens to other m12 before?

I tested the original SJdash, but never changed the lens on it, i can not see how it should use any other lens socket than m12, iif it is something else it would be revolutionary.
So any lens that suit the sensor size should be good.

I dont have the camera any more so can not take it apart to look inside, but i am pretty sure it too use a m12 lens

Thanks for the helpful replies. So how do I open up the camera?
There's no visible screw holes... Tried twisting lightly, but no go.

maxresdefault.jpg

SJCAM-SJDASH-SJ-Dash-car-camera-1024x576.jpg

Back