SJCAM SJDASH+ M30+ Review

Jeremy Wong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119, Viofo A119S, Xiaomi Mijia, 360 J511C, etc
Author's Note: The original review is found at jwtech, please head to the site to show us your support as well. Click here to view all my product reviews.

Thank you Atcetera Solutions for providing the SJCAM SJDASH+ M30+ for review.

SJCAM product page: SJDASH+
Atcetera Solutions product page: ~coming soon~

Technical Specs:
• Processor: Novatek 96660
• Sensor: Sony IMX291 Starvis
• Lens: 7G 160° wide angle lens view
• Aperture: F1.33
• Super Night Vision
• Resolution: Full HD (1920×1080) @ 60fps
• 3″ LCD
• Support up to 64GB microSD card
• External GPS Antenna (Optional)
• Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
• Built-in super capacitor
• ADAS

The box

Open box

Contents

• SJDASH+
• Suction mount
• 2 port USB charger
• 90° angled 3.5m long micro USB cable
• Microfibre cloth
• Quick start guide
• SJCAM stickers

SJDASH+

Suction mount

2 port USB charger

90° angled 3.5m long micro USB cable

Microfibre cloth

Quick start guide

SJCAM stickers

Initial firmware out of the box

No new firmware was found on SJCAM’s website

Test setup

Using a 32GB Samsung Evo Plus for the recording

Lane departure warning system (LDWS) in action

SJCAM CAR app

Couldn’t stream to watch from SJDASH+ as the 5 minutes file is 1GB in size. Require to download to your phone then only can watch.

Videos
Recorded the videos in 1920×1080 60fps with an overall bit rate of 30.5 Mb/s

Final thoughts

The SJDASH+ M30+ is the improved version of SJCAM’s first dashcam, the SJDASH M30.

Here are the differences between the SJDASH & SJDASH+:

Here is my review of the SJDASH M30: Link

Overall image quality is improved on the SJDASH+ due to the higher overall bit rate of 30.5 Mb/s and the Sony IMX291 Starvis sensor. But the 5 minutes files is about 1GB in size and can’t be changed to 1 minute or 3 minutes files. Which is why using the SJCAM CAR app can’t stream the video to the phone.

The LDWS is working ok about 60-70% of the time when highway driving. But will get lots of false warning driving in the city or stuck in a jam.

Last edited:
thanks for the review @Jeremy Wong , great to see a camera with such a high bitrate - I kind of feel that has been lacking from dash cameras lately.

I have just bought this DVR. Picture/resolution is great. I also installed the program (SJCAM DVR GPS PLAYER V1.0), which is supposed to read/play GPS data. The program did install, the icon is at desktop, but the program DOES NOT start.
Has anybody any experience with that program? I have tried on Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers, but no luck.
Dashcam is otherwise workinh with no problems, also wi-fi and Android app are running OK.

24.07.2018 - I was contacted by SJCAm support and they told me there is an issue in that program. They will post an updated program soon.
We will see if it will work then.

07.12.2018 Still nothing. New version is STILL being developed. Funny? I wonder if I am the only person in the world who has problems of this kind.

Last edited:
07 December 2018 and SJCAM DVR GPS PLAYER are still not working. I come across with new problem which is impossible to turn off the screen completely. Only screen saver which shows the speedometer all the time blinding me with bright light. Contacted SJCAM and this is what they say:

"Thank you for contacting SJCAM support.

We have reported the system bug to our software department and will urge them to fix it in next firmware upgrade.

Really appreciate your attention and patience."

I hope they will push the update ASAP because my camera will be removed from a car until they fix the issue.

Anybody else who has the problems with this software or any other problems with this dash cam?

Let's talk here about it/them!

Back