SJCam, Viofo and Gitup

gngan

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Dash Cam
Git1 & Git2
Interesting background.

Do they have any connection? http://www.sjcam.com/en/ says Viofo was the distributor for SJCam. GitUp used to be the marketing team for SJCam and I recall GitUp and Viofo is the same company but GitUp focus on action cam while Viofo is for dashcam?

It's like all dashcam is from a factory but with different label.

Anyone has more info to share?

Interesting background.

Do they have any connection? http://www.sjcam.com/en/ says Viofo was the distributor for SJCam. GitUp used to be the marketing team for SJCam and I recall GitUp and Viofo is the same company but GitUp focus on action cam while Viofo is for dashcam?

Anyone has more info to share?

Long story. Gitup & Viofo parted ways with SJCAM and there is no longer any (Zero) affiliation between the companies. Please PM me if you have any other questions.

what is your question exactly?

Not really a question but thought it's interesting. I've seen so many dashcam in the market with the same 'look' but different label and it makes me think that most dashcam is actually from one or two factories with different label on it.

Not really a question but thought it's interesting. I've seen so many dashcam in the market with the same 'look' but different label and it makes me think that most dashcam is actually from one or two factories with different label on it.

there are hundreds of factories making dashcams and action cams, most of them are just public models with little to no support

We cannot speak on their cams but they are probably OEM. Again, we cannot verify that as we do not do OEM.

Hmm, an SJCAM dashcam would be interesting... Not sure if that is what you'd be looking for?

I saw you also have a G1W dash cam, for this version, there are more than 10 manufactures can produce with different solutions, some of them try to make it cheaper and cheaper.

If any of you guys are in HK again. Go to Ap Liu Stree at Sham Shui Po...you'd be surprise the numbers of identical looking cams. I was there looking for G1W few years back and so many with the same look but different model name. When I asked about G1W... the sales was like "huh"?

Back