sjcam website firmware upgrade clap trap..

petepete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just downloaded the latest firmware for an sj4000 and lost everything off the camera.. dead bar blue light..

Tried re installing, same again...

fortunately had last years "update" and rescued the camera...

Hope others have more success and hope sjcam pull their finger out..

(it is genuine)

Hello,

Can you please the link you downloaded the firmware from?

Hello,

Can you please the link you downloaded the firmware from?

Googled sjcam homepage and used this site to upgrade firmware before..

I was aware there are several versions of official sj4000 but you would think they would tell you which version the upgrade was for if it is not for all of them !!

AND include past firmware so we can roll back if there is a problem.

(fortunately I found last update buried in my computer in one of the places I forgot was there !!)

http://www.sjcam.com/

just looked at the sj4000 file..

my cameras files are named FW96650A.bin

extracted files from the website are FW96655A.bin

I was under the impression the name of bin files don't change for a particular camera ?

whats going on at SJcam !!!!

( Ps... its a better dashcam than a dashcam as the battery has stayed fully charged for months now and ready to use at a moments notice )

55 would be the wifi version, 50 would be non wifi

great stuff !

but sjcam just list it as sj4000 update and expect us to know that !

confirming the firmware now.

just looked at the sj4000 file..

my cameras files are named FW96650A.bin

extracted files from the website are FW96655A.bin

I was under the impression the name of bin files don't change for a particular camera ?

whats going on at SJcam !!!!

( Ps... its a better dashcam than a dashcam as the battery has stayed fully charged for months now and ready to use at a moments notice )
Please confirm your SJCAM model number.

Also, confirm the download link your are accessing.

Attachments

• SJ4000-FIRMWARE-SCREENSHOT.jpg
    SJ4000-FIRMWARE-SCREENSHOT.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 15
as a westerner I can tell you not everything follows any kind of logic in China, not the way we'd expect it anyway
The firmware was correct, btw. i think we need to clarify the SJCAM users model number first and then check the download link to clarify.

Cheers

The firmware was correct, btw. i think we need to clarify the SJCAM users model number first and then check the download link to clarify.

Cheers

YOU KNOW the firmware was NOT correct AND KNOW it has been CHANGED.....

I RESENT fact being suggested any different and I resent the inference that with a model number and the same official website I would have been able to complete an upgrade at the time.....

Your links to SJCAM would appear to be confirmed with the speed the official website has been changed to add a read me folder and a different bin file...

And lets not forget, had I not had the older version of software ... my camera would not be working now ...

All your swift action and posting has done is to highlight ..

The lengths, lies and deceit SJCAM is prepared to STOOP TO rather than accept you got it wrong..

And the stupid thing is you persisted with lies when the upgrade gives a time and date you modified it when clicked on on the official website...

DOH !!!

Last edited:
not sticking up for SJCAM, as I’me sure they can do that for themselves, one thing to bear in mind when communicating with people who English isn’t their first language, and more so if they happen to be Chinese, is that the communication can be lost in the translation, we all expect others to understand English as good as we do, but you only have to see the translated Chinese user manuals to know that google translate doesn’t cut it, so maybe a bit of slack wouldn’t hurt anyone before scathing them on a public forum,

myself I would of sent them a few private emails to sort this out first before posting publicly (if you hadn't already)

all in IMHO

actually, i didn't change the upload , but, we possibly did have the wrong link there.

Our new site will be rolled out soon with clear firmware sections for each model number.

We are going to improve the way that firmware is released

Here is the latest updated firmware and changelogs.

http://www.sjcamhd.com/news/

Why not just say sorry we had the wrong link instead of the "possibly" knowing you had the wrong link..

my son is 14 and I m trying to teach him the benefits of a sorry and admitting fault - !!!

possibly doesn't cut it when my camera became useless a long with no doubt a host of others worldwide !

annoying without ... but easy to forgive with an apology !

Back