Sleeper? Not so much...

I thought you somehow found out i just woke up ( at midnight ) after actually sleeping for a while.
Though extremely silly i wish stuff like that would fly here, but nothing remotely near legal here, might as well rename the country from Denmark to Buzzkill.

Last edited:
Turbo kits go for cheap on ebay these days.

turbo.jpg

and i'm sure those turbos are top notch quality, just like the electric superchargers you can find on ebay! :rolleyes:

granted, the kinda person who spends that little on a turbo probably won't be driving that car very long anyway, so i guess it's a wash.

Saw this today, also has a pipe sticking up:

Maybe it is a fishing rod holder rather than a power booster?

Dashcam's H264 compression seems to have had a bit of difficulty with the non-existent paintwork!

Can't work out what type of vehicle it was?

Saw this today, also has a pipe sticking up:

View attachment 46374

Maybe it is a fishing rod holder rather than a power booster?

Dashcam's H264 compression seems to have had a bit of difficulty with the non-existent paintwork!

Can't work out what type of vehicle it was?
Tail lights make me think it might have been a vw golf.

And I think the trendy name for that condition is "patina":ROFLMAO:

Seems to be a 1992 Volkswagen Polo Mark II, they came bent from the factory, but only in hatchback form

I guess some Polo ponies end up with a swayback?

Seems to be a 1992 Volkswagen Polo Mark II, they came bent from the factory, but only in hatchback form
It's a Polo Van with the "van" part chopped up. :LOL:

I have a sneaking suspicion that this Volvo wagon just MIGHT be turbocharged...

View attachment 46362

spotted yesterday in my mother-in-law's neighborhood
If it was a 850 GLT, which I believe it was because gasoline is cheap in the US, then it's factory turbocharged. They just upgraded (and outgraded) the turbo. :giggle:
Those things were beasts, they came from the factory with 210hp.

My younger brother's first car was a 1985 240 turbo sedan (gas, not diesel). The turbo was coked up and transmission shot... So it had a top speed of about 50mph, and it took AGES to get to that speed. It rode nice though...

The annual DHB ( short for Denmark's fastest car ) have been held this weekend, some kid was in the news telling how he to the tune of 80000 DKkr ( 12000 USD ) tuned his old BMW E 30 to 450 BHP.
Problem is you are not allowed to tune your car here,,,,, at least not much, 20% i think are the MAX

I don't get it :rolleyes: with no access to a race track, all i really ask for is not having to walk from A to B, and with my economy as cheaply as possible.
And if i wanted to make a mobile statement, it sure as hell would not be with a fast car, cuz that would make me pretty much like any other guy out there, and i don't want to be in the any other guy category.

The annual DHB ( short for Denmark's fastest car ) have been held this weekend, some kid was in the news telling how he to the tune of 80000 DKkr ( 12000 USD ) tuned his old BMW E 30 to 450 BHP.
Problem is you are not allowed to tune your car here,,,,, at least not much, 20% i think are the MAX

I don't get it :rolleyes: with no access to a race track, all i really ask for is not having to walk from A to B, and with my economy as cheaply as possible.
And if i wanted to make a mobile statement, it sure as hell would not be with a fast car, cuz that would make me pretty much like any other guy out there, and i don't want to be in the any other guy category.
We have plenty of race tracks, but our fastest cars are too fast for the tracks, to compete here you need a V8 just to drive the fuel pump:

We have a few tracks too, but for noise and environmental reasons they are not open every day, and really in size it is almost like gocart sized tracks.
The term "track days" are as good as unknown here.
So if you have to race, you got to go all in and get a motorsport license, even if you like me just wanted to drive a quad bike or motocross bike, you will need a license from the Danish motorsport union.
And so you probably also need a true motorsport vehicle and not just bring your street car.
That being said various Danish interest origination's like our car owners association - insurance companies ASO some times do events where you can go and learn to better handle your vehicle, but it will not be race conditions.
Really best option for a Dane is drive south to the Nuremberg ring and lap your car or motorcycle there, but you might have to take the train home or a ambulance.
If you want to be anything in most motorsports outside of speedway or motocross, then as a Dane you really have to get out of here as soon as possible.
But i think even speedway tracks and motocross tracks are only open 1-2 days a week, the club i was in to race my quad bike was only open 2 days a week.

Well a crotch rocket with a sports exhaust can be pretty annoying.
Even for this once a year race i think they should enforce strict noise laws, i am pretty sure you can still have one helluva race on bikes not nearly as loud.

Well a crotch rocket with a sports exhaust can be pretty annoying.
Even for this once a year race i think they should enforce strict noise laws, i am pretty sure you can still have one helluva race on bikes not nearly as loud.
Not sure they have regulations on the Isle of Man! However since nearly all the bikes are also used on UK race tracks, they do stick to UK noise regulations, which would be reasonable if they weren't passing your house at a few cm distance!

And the bikes that are not used on UK race tracks sound like this:

(Hope you turned the volume up!)

Back