Sliding adapter to hold to windshield is extremely tight?

iDash

Reaction score
Country
United States
I put the padding on the back of my SGGCX2 and the stick on adapter that holds it to the windshield was extremly difficult to get on and off. I can get it on or off but I have to use all my strength.

I am worried if I stick this onto my windshield I will rip off the adhesive if I have to remove the camera.

Should I remove the foam padding?

We get asked this often. If you’re testing the bracket not attached to the window it makes you think it’s too tight but it’s not once it’s on the actual glass. (Leverage)

it is often better to apply the EVA a few days after installing the camera, as the 3M tape bonds it pulls into the glass slightly which can make for a bit of a gap, that's why we have the EVA foam to take up that bit of movement and keep things tight

I don't apply the pad until it's needed. Depending on your specific installation and the tolerances of your camera/mount it may not be needed at all. My X2Pro is currently installed without them and it's rock solid (so far).

I don't apply the pad until it's needed. Depending on your specific installation and the tolerances of your camera/mount it may not be needed at all. My X2Pro is currently installed without them and it's rock solid (so far).

Best approach (y)

Phil

So far I have not installed the foam on either of my two X2 cameras. Only one of them will be needing it as it is a little loose.

They do get loose even if you dont remove the camera all the time, but yeah start without them and then put a EVA pad on when you start to hear a rattle in the audio track.

Back