Slimline Mobius Mount

Last edited:
Hmm, that one seems to have a large capacitor or something similar in line? Is it close to the usb connector side? Or more towards the bare wire end? I need to be able to tuck wiring into headliner so can't use one with a capacitor on that end.

Thanks Martin. I was hoping to get a cable with male plug at one end and a female at the other. More of an extension cable. I'll keep looking. If I don't find one I'll have to get the soldering irong out. :)

The reason I ordered the one in the link is so I can do away with using the cigarette lighter socket adapter and lead.
I can `hard wire` the Mobius into any +12v `Ignition live` and not have the `Interrupted power` issues I get whilst cranking.
My Trafic Van has a `roof mounted housing` that contains the interior lamp and alarm interior scanners. I am pretty certain it has a `Ignition on+12v feed` as well. ( if not i will run some twin core up to the housing.)....

The Item in the link is a +12v to +5v- 3Amp converter so will connect direct to the mobius, also it will free up the Cig lighter socket for other charging duties.
I am hoping it will be fit for purpose...even though it is rather low cost...I have purchased items from China before and had no problems with operational reliability...we will see if it is the same in this case ..:)

Very nice Alan, looks great. Do the dots show in the video?

Here's a link to an up angle adapter. https://www.ebay.com/itm/261435574296

No, the bracket is 'hidden' behind the dots but the camera lens is actually below that area. However, I will have to move the bracket to a more conspicuous area of the screen because the current position isn't swept by the wipers.

And thanks for the link, the adapter is just what I was looking for, but unfortunately when I view that webpage from the UK it says "Shipping: Does not ship to United Kingdom"

The reason I ordered the one in the link is so I can do away with using the cigarette lighter socket adapter and lead.
I can `hard wire` the Mobius into any +12v `Ignition live` and not have the `Interrupted power` issues I get whilst cranking.
My Trafic Van has a `roof mounted housing` that contains the interior lamp and alarm interior scanners. I am pretty certain it has a `Ignition on+12v feed` as well. ( if not i will run some twin core up to the housing.)....

The Item in the link is a +12v to +5v- 3Amp converter so will connect direct to the mobius, also it will free up the Cig lighter socket for other charging duties.
I am hoping it will be fit for purpose...even though it is rather low cost...I have purchased items from China before and had no problems with operational reliability...we will see if it is the same in this case ..:)

Thanks again Martin. I just ordered two of them. If I can't find a local switched 12v supply I'll just chop off the regulator and splice to my existing 5v USB cables. My vehicle has 3 x 12v outlets so I can be quite flexible.

By way of a heads up. The plastic screw/nut used to hold number plates (comes in yellow, white and black) 'just' about fit the thread - in any case, even though it's slightly out, this acts like it's self-locking - heck, it's plastic so will end up cut to shape. Nice and cheap as well as widely available.

i really like this mount. ive got a piece of alluminum in the garage that would be suitable for something like this.

Back