Slow startup

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A229
Does anyone else think the startup is quite slow? My old Mini 0806 starts up much faster.

No i cant say i had any feelings towards it being a slow starter.

No i cant say i had any feelings towards it being a slow starter.
Nope, it takes me longer to put the seatbelt on vs it starting, did you check the config, maybe you have the 10 second delayed boot option enabled.

I've noticed faster and slower cams. The A139 is average or better for a high-performance cam; it's not slow to me. By the time I scan the gauges to be sure all is well with my vehicle before driving off the cam is recording :cool:

I'm not so sure of the particular cam, but I recall a few years back one cam took around 30 seconds to actually start recording even though the cam indicated it was on and working. The manufacturer just told owners that this was normal o_O

Phil

I niticed today putting in a 256GB card, that did seem to slow boot down a bit, but this unconfirmed feelings of mine.

Multi channel cameras take a bit longer to start, after the handshake to make sure all the connections are working properly.

And boot delay obviously affects start time too.

I niticed today putting in a 256GB card, that did seem to slow boot down a bit, but this unconfirmed feelings of mine.
At startup the camera is doing housekeeping routines before starting recording, ie cleanup old parking mode files, deleting the oldest driving mode files etc.

On large cards it can be a lot of files that it's having to enumerate and process - they're getting better as SoC thread speed increases but when the larger cards first came out I'd have cameras looking like they'd locked up with no button response while they were completing housekeeping functions.

Throw slower cards into the mix and dodgy filesystems and it's a crap shoot once the cards fill up.

The card was clean, that is i just deleted the files that was on it from being in the A139 last.
It is the old WD purple card U3 / V30

Are you using a Viofo original charger?

with just the front camera using v1.0_1204 the camera takes 10secs to say its recording 1 channel, with v1.6_0721 it takes 15secs.
With newer firmware releases startup times seem to get longer.

Back