Small camera that supports live usb or hdmi video output?

bleomycin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for the best discreet camera that supports outputting live video via usb or hdmi. I do not want anything to be stored on an sd card in the camera itself, I plan to use a small encrypted linux computer to store all of the video. The STREET GUARDIAN SGZC12RC looks like its perfect for what I want, but there's no mention if it has the usb video output capabilities I need? Thanks!

there are plenty of cameras that will output live video via HDMI. i have seen video capture cards that will enable recording to a PC but that's going to require a whole lot of processing power. if you insist on capturing HDMI you can use a dedicated HDMI recorder like those made by atomos but those aren't cheap either. and neither solution would be automated and will require a lot of user involvement.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, something that acts more like a webcam outputting video already processed via USB would be ideal. My friend with a mobius that he uses as a dash cam said it is capable of what I'm looking for, is this true? I'm not really able to find much on that functionality. Again, does anyone know if the SGZC12RC can output video directly?

if you want full HD get yourself a FullHD webcam, you only want a video feed not the rest of the functionality

Back