"Smallest HD 720p" no audio

Palomar

Reaction score
Country
United States
New member here. Greetings everyone from Los Angeles...

I just received a "Smallest HD 720p" though this may have been a waste of money ($40). We'll see. It does not have the external mic switch and doesn't say anything about H264. The button labels are in English.

Problem: I get no audio recorded in the video files (AVI's). I'm bench testing it with video out to a small display screen. When recording, the screen shows a microphone icon that is crossed out which I suppose means MUTE. Anyone know how to turn on the mic? The only menu function I can find is the Date/Time Set. I tried the Reset button with no success.

$T2eC16NHJGkE9no8gF7vBQ5W!k83JQ~~60_35.JPG

Palomar said:
Problem: I get no audio recorded in the video files (AVI's). (...) Anyone know how to turn on the mic?
On mine (same model), the camera records sound when the MUTE LED is on. On the A8/H.264 model, this icon has an AUDIO label. Looks like that was a mistake when the label was translated. You have to press the red/orange button when recording to turn the microphone on. By default, it is off.

dashcam.br said:
Palomar said:
Problem: I get no audio recorded in the video files (AVI's). (...) Anyone know how to turn on the mic?
On mine (same model), the camera records sound when the MUTE LED is on. On the A8/H.264 model, this icon has an AUDIO label. Looks like that was a mistake when the label was translated. You have to press the red/orange button when recording to turn the microphone on. By default, it is off.
You are correct! Thanks for the tip.

Back