Smart Cam 2.4 LTPS 1080P HD

UK-RV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought this camera, my first dash cam end of last year and have only just started using it.

Some strange things are happening which I don't think should happen and I wonder if there is something wrong with this actual camera?

Yesterday and a couple of times before I haven't been able to switch the camera off, normally within a few seconds of turning off the power supply the camera turns off but yesterday no.

None of the buttons would work including the on/off and even removing the SD card didn't cause the camera to switch off ( it has a previous time)

Obviously when its internal battery ran down it went off and when I plugged it back into power it worked normal, so is this an occasional 'problem' one has to accept with this or these cameras or does it sound as if there is something wrong?

Mick

software problem most likely, if it has a reset button on the unit somewhere that should get it out of the lockup without having to wait for the battery to go flat

Thanks Jokin, no reset button I'm afraid, shall contact my supplier to ask if its a common problem?

Hi UK-RV,

The Smart Cam 2.4 is a Novatek based camera, probably similar to the K2000 internally. This is a pretty basic camera and it doesn't have the greatest reliability record. I would see if the supplier can do anything to help you out.

DashCamMan said:
Hi UK-RV,

The Smart Cam 2.4 is a Novatek based camera, probably similar to the K2000 internally. This is a pretty basic camera and it doesn't have the greatest reliability record. I would see if the supplier can do anything to help you out.

Thanks have emailed them, still awaiting a reply. :|

Back