Smarture Dashcam Reverse Rear View Image on Playback

Padscam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a SmarTure (2nd Generation M511) 1296P Ultra HD Dual Wide Angle Camera 5" IPS Screen Rearview Mirror Dashcam with HDR, Parking Assistance System,Parking Protection Mode (without SD card).
The images shown on the mirror display are excellent looking forward and to the rear.

However, on playback, the rearward looking recording plays in a reverse image.

Has anyone come across this before and has info as to how I can rectify the problem please?

This is a really neat installation but is produced in Canada and unfortunately no longer available for sale on Amazon UK for some obscure reason; likewise there is no access to the advertised website www.smarture-online.com ...which is really strange and very frustrating!!

Welcome to DCT @Padscam :)

Amazon USA has them listed as a seller- perhaps you can get an answer from them there. The listing I saw for a different cam of theirs was sold out but looks to be like several other models, which leads me to thing they might just be re-branded cams- a common practice. The problem with that is each different one usually takes different firmware so don't try to load anything but the proper firmware for your exact model or you will likely brick the cam.

Most of the video players have image-reversing options which will let you view them correctly, but unless there's an option in your cam's menu it will take a firmware change to do that in the cam itself.

Phil

Back