So does buffered parking mode actually work with the Plus?

AusMat

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey all

So we all know the buffered parking mode is super hit and miss on the original A129, but how does it operate on the Plus? Is it still as buggy and unreliable, or is it mostly flawless? (For example, it doesn't miss what amounts to an entire video clip if something is happening infront of the camera at the time its supposed to go save clip and start the next?)

Also, out of interest, does the original A129's rear 1080p camera work with the Plus front camera? (so i could essentially just buy the front camera and plug it in, though am contemplating the 4k version or maybe a different camera setup entirely if these park mode bugs aren't ironed out across their range....)

Cheers

[edit] and just to add, im kinda over the old "it has xxx bug, just use yyy until they fix the bug". I had a A119 and currently running the A129 Duo with low bitrate mode parking (which i thought was largely problem free compared to the A119 at the time) but alas its fallen into the same cycle of theres problems, viofo throw out firmwares that cause more issues, until one day they drop a new camera and thats it for the older one....

Last edited:

sn809

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129Plus
If your car is exposed to heat avoid 4k version.
No you cannot use the rear as the plus has processing in the rear camera as well as front. To top it off you also need to change the cable.

I don't have head wiring or parking mode so cannot advise re. It.

Razman008

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just installed the a129 plus duo a few days ago. I can tell you now I am having issues with buffered parking mode. On all my tests it seems to pick up movement, but starts recording around the 2 second mark AFTER the movement is detected.
Kind of disappointing but I assume they are working on it since the plus version was released late last year.

just a side note, as disappointing as it is that the camera doesn’t perform all operations perfectly, I do have to say everything else works as intended and the video looks great.

OP
A

AusMat

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Damn on both accounts, seems as if the standard plus has the same rear camera though, just 4k rear is different? (Unless someone gave me bad info on that too, they said the GPS mount is the same between them also....)

Disappointing that the park mode is just as fault on the plus as it is on the 1080p version. I dont think i'll take the plunge on a third viofo camera with the "hope" of them working on the problem/fixing it down the line, thats always an ongoing thing is major features it seems :(

CaptureYourAction

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD, Dome Technologies, VicoVation, Viofo, GitUp
Damn on both accounts, seems as if the standard plus has the same rear camera though, just 4k rear is different? (Unless someone gave me bad info on that too, they said the GPS mount is the same between them also....)

Disappointing that the park mode is just as fault on the plus as it is on the 1080p version. I dont think i'll take the plunge on a third viofo camera with the "hope" of them working on the problem/fixing it down the line, thats always an ongoing thing is major features it seems :(
The rear cameras on the A129 DUO and A129 Pro DUO are the same. The rear camera on the A129 Plus DUO is different. The GPS mount is the same for all three models.

Razman008

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just want to take a moment to call out VIOFO, and anyone that sees this should seriously consider this before buying their products. Unfortunately I learned buffered parking mode is NOT coming to the a129 plus duo. Even after being marketed with it. Such a shame really that this happened, but I can’t support a company that lies about its product. I say steer clear of VIOFO, this is super disappointing.

My a129 plus will be getting pulled out of my car. Sad too cause I put it in there so nice :(

Attachments

• 14B5BB61-066A-44BE-B6AE-B73C4F346565.png
    14B5BB61-066A-44BE-B6AE-B73C4F346565.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • A4D56AED-2B74-4CA1-8EDB-2C4BB4A11926.png
    A4D56AED-2B74-4CA1-8EDB-2C4BB4A11926.png
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • F90916AB-6673-45EF-A07C-E72BEBCF67E8.png
    F90916AB-6673-45EF-A07C-E72BEBCF67E8.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 23

mockbuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm on the same boat. I bought the a129 plus because it is advertised with buffered parking mode. After paying more than 100 dollars for a professional installation now i found that it does not have this function, or at least it's not working.

Now what?Amazon.com  VIOFO Dual Dash Cam, 2K 1440P 60fps+1080P 30fps Front and Rear Dash Camera with Wi...png

mockbuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just want to take a moment to call out VIOFO, and anyone that sees this should seriously consider this before buying their products. Unfortunately I learned buffered parking mode is NOT coming to the a129 plus duo. Even after being marketed with it. Such a shame really that this happened, but I can’t support a company that lies about its product. I say steer clear of VIOFO, this is super disappointing.

My a129 plus will be getting pulled out of my car. Sad too cause I put it in there so nice :(
Same here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smithdean A129 Plus / A129 Plus Duo 175