So ive narrowed down my choices for a first dashcam system (i think)

mms1361

Reaction score
Country
United States
After looking at an overwhelming amount of cameras i think ive narrowed down my choices to 4 cameras. I was initially looking for a 2 ch system but after much thought and to stay a bit down on budget ive decided to go with a twin 1 channel system. I wanted a front/rear setup with parking mode and wifi but i cant find something within my budget without losing some features. Like anyone im looking to get the most bang for my buck. But im stuck here trying to decide which features to sacrifice.

This is what i narrowed my list down to:
1. Blackvue Dr-450 ch1 $119.99-16g version Price goes up depending on storage.
Capacitor
Parking mode: motion/impact
16gb-128gb storage
No wifi
Pros:well known brand
2.Thinkware F50 - $92.99
Capacitor
Parking Mode: motion/impact
64gb Storage
No Wifi
Pros: well known brand
3. Goluk T3- $99.99
Capacitor
Parking mode: Motion only?
Storage: unsure
Wifi: Yes?
Pros: Wireless Capture button Cons: color (no black)

Last but not least is the coveted A119- $89.00
Capacitor
Parking mode: Yes but horrible (from what ive read)
Storage:64gb
Wifi: no
Pros:Hands down the best quality Cons: Horrible parking mode

I cant justify spending 400+ on a dashcam setup since even at that price point the image quality is similar to the low end cameras. Most integrated 2ch setups go over my budget which was originally set to $200 +-.So this is what ive narrowed it down to. The key feature i was looking for was an impact activated buffered parking mode. Last but not least would be overall quality of picture. The only reason i posted the a119 was because of its superior picture quality but its missing the one key feature i was looking for in a dash cam which is a good parking mode. I live in a major city, there are idiot drivers everywhere. I dont drive a 2017 vehicle but i do not want to come back to my vehicle only to find some irresponsible idiot leaving a large dent on my car. I cant find a whole lot of info from the goluk t3. The picture appears crisp but dark, dont know if its adjustable. Anyways i was hoping to get some feedback on these specific cameras. I would like some feedback on wether or not wifi should be a key point. Should i trust that the footage will be saved directly to SD incase of an event? Correct me if i mislabeled any of the features.

PS. or just recommend me something entirely different within my budget. I prefer the look of the horizontal tube design cameras.

Last edited:
Between the DR450 and F50, you will get better video quality out of the Blackvue in my opinion. That being said, the F50's built in voltage detection makes it a much cleaner install and their memory card partitioning can be very helpful if you don't check your card all that often.

On the good cams, SD recording is very reliable but not perfect; then again nothing is. As long as you use only highly recommended cards, maintain the card, and replace it when worn out the odds are very much in your favor that it will be there when you need it. The Goluck T3 is pretty new and not well known yet; lacking solid knowledge it's a "maybe". WiFi is nice but not necessary; there are other ways to retrieve or view your recordings and adjust your settings. IMHO it's main value is convenience. Something else to consider is low-light recording ability. If you need that, it should be high on your list of selection criteria.

I'd choose between the DR450 and the F50 as both are well-known with histories of being very good reliable cams. Neither will disappoint ;) As to the budget, think of it this way: How much would you pay to have the video you needed to prove even a minor incident which will probably cost over $1K to repair? Dashcams of any price are cheap when you look at it that way :)

Phil

Back