So, where did you mount your BlackVue battery?

Omega-TI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH
Some cars are large, some are small, but the question is WHERE did you mount the battery in your car?

Glove box in my 2015 Infiniti Q50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah jerky subway car and iphone keyboard :)

Glove box in my 2015 Infiniti Q50

The glove box of my 2018 Hyundai Elantra is too small. I'm thinking under the passenger car seat would work, but you guys may have a better idea. Before I take the plunge and get a battery for my DR900S-2CH, I'd also like to see if there are any less-expensive battery alternatives. $300.00 seems rather steep.

The glove box of my 2018 Hyundai Elantra is too small. I'm thinking under the passenger car seat would work, but you guys may have a better idea. Before I take the plunge and get a battery for my DR900S-2CH, I'd also like to see if there are any less-expensive battery alternatives. $300.00 seems rather steep.

If you don't live in a place that gets cold you can get away with a Power Magic pro, but if you get below freezing temps you need all the available Cold Cranking Amps of your battery. $300 is steep but it's a good battery that can handle high heat and cold temps. I get 20 hours out of mine you might get a little less with the 900. I would move your seat all the way down and see if the battery can fit in there.

I have a power magic pro, but the nit-wits at the car audio place that installed my system put it behind my dashboard and changed the setting so that it does NOT record when the car is off.

I have a power magic pro, but the nit-wits at the car audio place that installed my system put it behind my dashboard and changed the setting so that it does NOT record when the car is off.

They should put it in the right place for free, since they misplaced it the first time.

They should put it in the right place for free, since they misplaced it the first time.

That was like 6 months ago, they'd probably laugh at me and say, "If it was such an issue, why didn't you bring it back sooner?"
It sucks when you are so busy you don't have time for anything, but now that I have a few extra hours for the next few months...

That was like 6 months ago, they'd probably laugh at me and say, "If it was such an issue, why didn't you bring it back sooner?"
It sucks when you are so busy you don't have time for anything, but now that I have a few extra hours for the next few months...

I understand that. I guess you could try to reposition it to a better location before dropping another $300.

I would think.. it is still accessible.. Behind the dashboard.. is a relative term, perhaps it is in the engine department... tucked under the dash is more likely. Changing the settings only takes a moment and once done your PMP can go back to being out of sight. Off hand.. if it installed correctly.. all you need to do is "turn it on" with the toggle switch that is mounted on the front of the unit.

If.. when picking up the vehicle there are no questions.. reputable shops.. assume the owner has a basic understanding of how the thing works.. and how to adjust / turn it on.

Installed 2 B-124 under the seat in my 4C Spider. If can fit a couple batteries in this car, should be able to fit in anything. There is no carpeting or sound deadening in car to hide wires behind, you have the central tunnel for front to back running of wire in cabin.

I would think.. it is still accessible.. Behind the dashboard.. is a relative term, perhaps it is in the engine department... tucked under the dash is more likely. Changing the settings only takes a moment and once done your PMP can go back to being out of sight.

I looked everywhere "VISIBLE" for the dang thing, under the hood, behind the fuse box access plate, under the dash... EVERYWHERE. My only guess is that it's BEHIND the lower part of the drivers side dash (they took it off when they installed it).

I just hardwired my friends Mercedes, dam thing plastered in things you have to snap or unscrew, and had a hard time finding a ACC fuse too.

BUT ! in the end as always i was successful. :)
In my little Suzuki i can reach in under the dashboard in either foot well, and pull out a handful of wires,,,,,, if i was the Hulk,,,,, but reaching are no problem.

If you don't live in a place that gets cold you can get away with a Power Magic pro, but if you get below freezing temps you need all the available Cold Cranking Amps of your battery. $300 is steep but it's a good battery that can handle high heat and cold temps. I get 20 hours out of mine you might get a little less with the 900. I would move your seat all the way down and see if the battery can fit in there.

I live in California, where the lowest it might get is 45F in the winter. However, I had n Viofo A129 in my fiance's 2018 CX-5 with the proper hardwire kit with a cutoff of 12.2V (which I changed to 12.4V later). In the beginning, it would easily last 2-3 days (she works odd days/hours), but lately it only recharges the battery to 12.6-12.8V and it only lasts 1-3 hours - this caused the camera to die about an hour before a break-in of her car after only being parked 2 hours (even after driving for an hour). I opted to get the b124 for her and now its gaurenteed to last at least 24 hours and charge from 0-100% in 40 minutes. I will unlikely go the hardwire route ever again unless it is only on the switched 12V (no parking mode) since it seems to kill 12V batteries fairly quickly.

To the OP, I put her B-124 under the driver seat. Since she has a SUV, its pretty high up.

In the boot left side secured by velcro using boot fuse box utilising spare fuse

I located mine under my driverside dash along with my custom 11Ah extended battery in a Dodge Magnum. It's all held in place by zip-ties.

Back