So - Wi-Fi. What Does It Do For My DR750S Performance and How Does It Do It?

pdmike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S 2-CH
You guys are gonna love this one - it may get newbie question of the year award: How does Wi-Fi work with a DR 750S? In other words, what does Wi-Fi DO for my DR750S and how does it do it?

Basically - The DR750S has WiFi feature used for 1) WiFi connection for unit configuration, camera set up etc. 2) WiFi connection to a router to allow remote configurations , monitoring camera/s , receiving alarms, via the internet.

Indeed.
While a lot of people will call it smart features to me personally there are nothing smart about it so not something i would ever use outside of the setup which are a rare thing, and then probably the occultation in camera format of the memory card.
In relation to smart or "smart" i Danish site that do reviews on flat screen TVs and like here also have a forum for the users, they just announced that in their testing and rating of smart televisions they will put a larger emphasis on updates, which it seem televisions dont really get once it is sold.
And i think its pretty cool cuz a TV that dont even get the simplest updates, well its in my book a dumb TV and not a smart TV.

But stuff only needs an update if the maker screwed up in the first place. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I appreciate all of your comments. Now, would someone please answer the question asked in the OP? How does wi-fi work with a DR 750? What is the process involved? Give me a graphic illustration.

@Albee pretty much answered your original question...

There are two types of wi-fi connections we're talking about.

The DR750S has a built-in wi-fi connection that you would connect your phone to (You would search for a 'BlackVue' titled wi-fi on your mobile device).
This allows you to view your cameras feed, check recordings, do firmware updates, modify settings of your dashcam.

Then you have the option of connecting your dashcam TO a wi-fi hotspot (either from your mobile phone or a dedicated hotspot from your cellular provider), the difference here is the cam is connecting to the hotspot for internet usage.
Once connected, you can go into the Cloud functionality of the dashcam - allowing remote access when you're not actually local to your dashcam.
You can remotely view your dashcam feed, upload footage to BlackVue's cloud, etc.

If you have your dashcam permanently connected to a wi-fi hotspot, you can have your dashcam push out notifications for things like impact detection.
The dashcam has to be either hardwired or hooked up to an external portable battery to really make use of parking mode/cloud functions.

Hope that clears your question up a bit more.

It does, and thank you.

Albee may have pretty much answered my question for those a tad more advanced than I in dash cam operation but, for this newbie, your answer was more instructive because it went into more basic details. No offense, Albee ..... :)

No problem, @pdmike
Glad to help, let me know if you ever have any other questions. (y)

It does, and thank you.

Albee may have pretty much answered my question for those a tad more advanced than I in dash cam operation but, for this newbie, your answer was more instructive because it went into more basic details. No offense, Albee ..... :)

No offense taken pdmike :)... Admitedly DashOto`s explanation was well written and clear in comparison. Enjoy the unit .. Cheers :)

Last edited:
Back