Socket Timeout Error

bretc

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I've been trying unsuccessfully to view the footage on my AR790 via Wi-Fi - the error message, something along the line of E1 socket timeout error. I can connect to the cam on Wi-Fi but the error message keeps on popping up when I try to view the files. I tried to connect on different phones without success. I installed the latest firmware, also without success. But I can view the footage on the SD card hooked to my computer. This is very frustrating and I'm considering switching to Thinkware model if there's still no solution.

Can any kind soul help pls? Thanx.

Are you using the latest app and firmware available for your camera?

Which phone and os version?

Are you using the latest app and firmware available for your camera?

Which phone and os version?
Thanks for the kind response.

Yes, I'm using the latest app and the firmware is V3.5.3a.

I'm using Huawei Mate 10 Pro on Android version 9 and Oppo A75 on Android 7.1.1

Thanx.

Unusual to not work on two different handset types, you can try putting the phone in flight mode and turn wifi on, that sometimes works

Thanks. It worked after I switched to flight mode. But why do I need to do that? Something is wrong somewhere.

that's because the camera has no internet access, from your phones perspective when it connects to wifi it is so it can access the internet, when it finds there's no internet access it will stall, some handsets will fall back to cellular connection, some will still access the app, it's an Android issue for the most part

One Google should have fixed a long time ago, kinda embarrassing if you ask me

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sroutier QVIA AR790 2