Sods Law

alfapat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why when my dashcam works fine at the start of my journey , records every five mns and hardwired . The the very moment I was rear ended by a Learner driver the footage did not record nor did 45mns before . Does it record an incident somewhere els or what?Nextbase 312GW.

It can do via G-sensor, depends on how you have it set.. Get the card into a card reader on a PC and scan every folder.

I must say, to lose 45mins doesn't sound right, I thought it just protected up to 3 files.

Ok , will look at settings on that.
putting the card into the laptop still only shows the files up to near the time , and will not open anyway ….not supported , for some reason.

What viewing platform are you using? Windows bloatware doesn't do so well with some dashcam footage, VLC Player and PotPlayer are freeware and do almost all dashcam footage. PotPlayer also does h265 and it's my go-to now.

Phil

I wasn't going down the route of 'playing' but trying to see the time and date of files in all folders. I seem to recall that Nextbase have a RO folder ?

After reading many problems here regarding lots of makes I have all my sensors off or low as dictated by each one so all footage gets saved to the same main folder and it's never failed.

Why when my dashcam works fine at the start of my journey , records every five mns and hardwired . The the very moment I was rear ended by a Learner driver the footage did not record nor did 45mns before . Does it record an incident somewhere els or what?Nextbase 312GW.
Hello,

Could I have some further information please?

1. What firmware version is your 312GW on please?
2. What model, class, brand and size SD card are you using please?
3. When and where was the SD card purchased?
4. How often do you format the card?
5. Have you checked the Protected File folder on the SD card?
6. Are any of the files playable on a computer, or do they all show an error message?

Kind regards,
Millie

Nextbase Technical Suppport

I doesn't look as though it's been updated since the win8 era. Abandonware?
You cannot possibly be correct. h265 wasn't around in the W8 era so at least the codecs have to have been updated since then or those files wouldn't play. Now perhaps they haven't added any new 'features' since then, I don't know (or care). It's doing what most other vid players are struggling with or outright cannot do (especially ".ts" files) so I fail to see any problem here or any possibility of it being 'abandoned' as you seem to think it is :cautious:

Perhaps they like me operate on the principle of "If it ain't broke don't fix it" but whatever- it certainly does what it's supposed to do and rather well too :cool:

Phil

I use pot player too, my default player, i do have VLC and the windows players in the back hand though.

Hello,

Could I have some further information please?

1. What firmware version is your 312GW on please?
2. What model, class, brand and size SD card are you using please?
3. When and where was the SD card purchased?
4. How often do you format the card?
5. Have you checked the Protected File folder on the SD card?
6. Are any of the files playable on a computer, or do they all show an error message?
Hello , been a while,.
1.How do I check firmware please.
2. Nextbase 16gb 10 1U HC
3. With the camera , Halfords
4.Have'nt formatted.
5. No, but what folder
6.Yes files have been played , but others are missed.
Kind regards,
Millie

Nextbase Technical Suppport

1.How do I check firmware please.
2. Nextbase 16gb 10 1U HC
3. With the camera , Halfords
4.Have'nt formatted.
5. No, but what folder
6.Yes files have been played , but others are missed.

Hello

1) Turn the Dash Cam on.
2) Stop it recording by pressing the button with a red circle on it.
3) Press the Menu Button Twice to enter the Setup Menu.
4) Scroll down to ‘System Info’.
5) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX.

Do you know an approximate date/month/year the SD card was purchased please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back