Software.. combining video, map and geforce data in a video ?

Shaunomercy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have the mio mivue manager and whilst it will display all this data at once whilst playing the video I cannot make either the map or GeForce meter be part of the video if I was to save the video clip. Does anyone know how to do this and what software to use please ?
cheers
Paul

I know it's an old post but that's the very question I had, a way of embedding a map into a video. Contour's Storyteller looked quite promising but I wonder if it's still being maintained because the GPS position does not get updated on the map. The GPX file is ok though because the graphs work ok.

Dashware works well but you can only embed a track, not a map.

I was a long time user of StoryTeller from buying a 2012 Contour +2 from NFlightCam. I really like the moving map display it provided. It appears that either the Storyteller code is accessing an Google maps API that no longer exists. Since Contour went bankrupted (or changed owners) they no longer support the application. I am also a longtime user of the Windows base Dashware. It to can display GPS track information, but to get it to display onto a map images, take quite a bit of work. not really woth it, though Dashware is relative easy to embedde gauge to display gauges (i.e. airspeed, alt, heading, etc.). I recently found Dashcam Viewer and it appears to be the only MAC app that import and display a Contour's .mov file (really a renamed MP4 file) embedded GPS data on an opensource map (i.e. Bing or Google). I have just started to play with it, but it looks like I'll be able to screen record the moving map into a video that I can incoorporate via Final cut Pro into my aviation videos. I also like its GSP data export capabilities. It makes it very easy to export into Google Earth.

Back