software(viewer) can I update ONLY on SD card?

egonvdv

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
TWO Thinkware's U10002CH (rear cams used as side cams)
Originally my device came with version 1.038, and had the option to install on the pc
or to run directly from the SD card

since google maps is no longer working, I downloaded the new version 2.032,
However I can only install this on the pc itself

is there anyway to get it only on the SD card, so that no pc installation required?

if the software player is loaded from the camera to card any newer version would need to be included in a firmware update to update what's on the camera

for the 500 the player is included in the firmware, so no problem there.

however not for the 400; you need to separately update firmware & software(player)

thank you kindly. just out of interest where did u get those files from?
did you install the program on pc & then copied the files from there to the sd card?

egonvdv said:
thank you kindly. just out of interest where did u get those files from?
did you install the program on pc & then copied the files from there to the sd card?

It comes with a firmware update and I just pulled it off a card and dropped it onto the computer then uploaded to to Google drive Not hard to do

All different Blackvue camera files are viewable in these versions When you do a firmware update it gives you the option to install the viewer on the computer.

Or does with the cameras I have.

Here is the 2.035 version which however gives a blip on Windows 7 but dont worry about it It only does it if you are running a theme on your desktop

Which camera do you have

appreciate the help!

I had the 400(v2) (so for this one I was asking asking) , which giving to my brother

now have the new 500, so for this one I downloaded the complete "firmware+software in one" update.

cheers again!

egonvdv said:
appreciate the help!

I had the 400(v2) (so for this one I was asking asking) , which giving to my brother

now have the new 500, so for this one I downloaded the complete "firmware+software in one" update.

cheers again!
Well if you have a 500 put the SD card in the computer and copy the Windows viewer onto your computer and give it to your brother If you have 1.008 on camera it will have the latest viewer You can check by clicking on the exclamation mark in top right task bar

It will bring up a box with firmware and viewer versions

yes understood from your earlier message.
it's so simple I wonder why I didn't figure that out myself LOL
cheers

Back