SOLD - Blackvue DR550GW-2CH Dual Dashcam

Good luck with the sale - just for total clarity anyone who buys this absolutely has to replace the internal capacitor immediately otherwise if you have an accident the video will not be recorded to card.

You have mentioned it in the listing but I'm just putting it here as well so if someone from here buys it they know to do that immediately :)

i agree that if it's a really bad accident the power might be cut of immediately,
then again there are alot of dashcams that don't even have an internal battery...

the main reason i'm getting rid of it, is because of the overhating issues in parkmode (on hot days)
I've now got a thinkware f750 installed.. so much better built.

Come to think of it, i'm not really helping my BV sale, am I ? LOL

he's changing the little battery, where as it's the big green one that needs to be replaced on mine

i agree that if it's a really bad accident the power might be cut of immediately,
then again there are alot of dashcams that don't even have an internal battery...

the main reason i'm getting rid of it, is because of the overhating issues in parkmode (on hot days)
I've now got a thinkware f750 installed.. so much better built.

Come to think of it, i'm not really helping my BV sale, am I ? LOL
Honesty always helps the sale in my book, especially on the internet where so many people are scammers and liars. Makes you look like less of a scammer when you talk about what's wrong with something you're selling.

he's changing the little battery, where as it's the big green one that needs to be replaced on mine
You mentioned it loses the date / time which this video shows how to fix - the green capacitor also would need replacing.

I don't know if the BlackVue have the size printed on the outside of that wrapper but usually there are markings helping identify what should be used to replace them :)

Back