Solid Red Light - won't turn on

Gio

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I've had my (real) 0801 for about 10 months now and I'm now starting to run into problems. I noticed the unit wasn't turning on in the morning when I started my car. The LED indicator is a solid red light (charging). Problem is my commute is about an hour long and its stuck in the solid red light the entire time. Every button is non-responsive. If I take it off the power source, the LED turns off, but I still can't power the sucker on.

So after a lot of tinkering, I found some patterns. First, if I take the cam off power for a few hours, I'm sometimes able to turn it on; it'll indicate low power. Second, if I leave the cam charging all night, it'll turn on no problem in the morning. But I'll get the red light problem in the afternoon/evening commute.

So I'm leaning towards replacing my battery. My concern is if it's solely a battery problem, why won't the thing turn on even when connected to a power source? Is there a trick I'm missing? Should I update the firmware?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ah CRAP. I was working with ojocam support and I bricked my cam trying a settings reset :(

I am having the same problem, 7 out of 10 times its works fine, then all of sudden the next few time i start the car i only get a red charge light. Cant do anything, sometime unplugging and then plugging it bck in it works fine. sometime nothing... I am concidering changing out the battery. If i can get this one to work again i will move it to the back window, and get a newer model for the front.... Possibly 806. any suggestions appriciated.....any place i can purchase correct battery?

for a battery see the thread titled "Failed at -0.5degC"

Gosh, I have the same issue. Has anybody solved the problem?
Does changing the battery help?

Back