Solid red light

Kirkofski

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 from Eprance
My mini 0801 has worked perfectly for 18 months but today I noticed there we no lights on as I was driving. I pulled over and turned the ignition off for 10 seconds and back on. Then the red light came on permanently but no display.

Any ideas??? Thinking the battery is dying?

replace power adapter... or cable between power adapter and camera is too short... you can try to hold power button pressed for 20-30 seconds...
can you turn camera without power? what happens when connect to usb?

Last edited:
I have same problem, steady red light when plugged in, camera does not power on. It has been hardwired for almost 2 years.. Internal battery has been shot for awhile, as soon as disconnected from usb camera would shut off.

Would changing internal battery solve problem?

Any recommendations?

thanks

Some background info:-
I have 3 mini0801 cameras, approx. 2 years old, all have performed perfectly until 2 weeks ago. I bought a new car and moved the front/rear 801s from the old car and installed in the new one. Bad move!
Rear camera stopped working within 3 days, solid red led when powered from charger but nothing when not connected to charger, buttons not working. Completely dead.
Ordered a new mini0806, installed it in front, moved working 801 to rear. That too packed stopped working after 2 days. Exactly the same problem. Now have 2 bricked cameras.

At this point I checked the rear power supply, suspecting it might be faulty and causing the 801s to brick. However when checked with multimeter and scope it checks out fine. Replaced it anyway.

Bought a mini805 and installed it in rear, used original 801 gps mount. It's working fine BUT it can't get a GPS signal from the 801 base, it does get one from the base that came with the 805.

At this point I decided to try to rescue the 801's by following the instructions regarding DirectUSB which I found on this site and also replacing the batteries just in case.
Disassembled ok, batteries replaced, put the cameras on charge and checked that batteries were ok using a multimeter. They look good, holding charge.
Sadly, absolutely no improvement, both cameras still bricked.

Installed DirectUSB and purchased an OTG USB cable. Tried to connect cameras to PC using the OTG cable but no response from the PC.
Checked OTG cable by attaching the 3rd, working 801 and that connected via DirectUSB no problem, drivers installed all good.

So, I'm about to give up and throw the 801s in the bin !!

Just before I do so, does anyone have any other ideas or tips that might help to un-brick them ??

Thanks for taking the time to read the above..

I have same problem.
Two 0801 ( 2 years old ) crash. Only red led on when is charging but after that nothing. No blue, no turn on.
How do you try with DirectUSB, software, steps ? I build cable. Electrical, mechanical are ok.
I have now only one 0805 for two cars and i don't know if worth to buy another 0805, trying to repair this 0801 or pay for another Dash Cam ?
Thank you in advance
Mike

I've have one GT680W in operation for more than two years and another for more than a year with no issues. My GT880S in the recently returned company car died over a hot fourth of July weekend while sitting windows closed in the sun.

My wife's GT880S had similar issue as you describe after less than a year. The micro SD card failed. I swapped it and as of our trip today, all is good.

I have same problem.
Two 0801 ( 2 years old ) crash. Only red led on when is charging but after that nothing. No blue, no turn on.
How do you try with DirectUSB, software, steps ? I build cable. Electrical, mechanical are ok.
I have now only one 0805 for two cars and i don't know if worth to buy another 0805, trying to repair this 0801 or pay for another Dash Cam ?
Thank you in advance
Mike
Have you tried a new battery in the 0801 as it cured mine.

Yep
I change on both battery. After ~ 3 month both are dead with one week difference !

Any update on this ? Mines got a solid red light when connected to usb and won't turn on at all. Ive took camera apart and put a multi meter across the battery and it's 3.2v so surely it can't be the battery can it?

Any update on this ? Mines got a solid red light when connected to usb and won't turn on at all. Ive took camera apart and put a multi meter across the battery and it's 3.2v so surely it can't be the battery can it?
For the price of a battery I'd swap it and see as 3.2v seems quite low to me, I would have expected closer to 3.7v(unless you'd been playing around with it disconnected for a while).

For the price of a battery I'd swap it and see as 3.2v seems quite low to me, I would have expected closer to 3.7v(unless you'd been playing around with it disconnected for a while).
Just checked the battery again. It's is 3.7v on multi meter so battery seems fine . I've ordered a OTG usb lead and I'll try that method .

I think mine has had it now. Red light is on but nothing happens; same in car, plugged in to laptop and connected to a powerbank.

I've had it 3 years and it's on its second battery, just fitted the third and it's still the same. Recently, I have noticed that it was losing power intermittently when attached to the mount, so I don't know if this contributed to this issue.

Has anyone had any luck in fixing theirs?

Back