SOLOVE ROCO (LOCKE) 10,000mAh Battery Pack Power Bank by VANTRUE - Review

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Excellent!-sleek portable design, lots of power and nice accessories.
-------------------------------******************-------------------------------
Review summary:
To conclude, it looks great, feels great and works great with a lot of power reserve.
Don't spend money on the generic fake ones.
Get this and you'll be getting close to the rated power that you can rely upon and also looks very elegant and sleek.
The build quality is excellent so hopefully, it'll work reliably for a long time.
Great gift item as well.

-------------------------------******************-------------------------------
Product is sold by VANTRUE at amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00XJ1NGEE
Details:

This is rated 10,000mah that is a lot of power.
It provides enough charge for those whose smart phones or tablets run out of juice frequently, specially when watching videos or playing games.
Product packaging is excellent with a outer dark red color cover and inner black box.
Note: The packaging will be different in post production units.

DSC02134-small.jpg
DSC02135-small.jpg
DSC02139-small.jpg

It comes with the following:
1. 10,000mah battery pack.
2. Sleeve for the battery pack. (Nice for carrying around to protect from scratches and dings.)
3. 20" long USB to micro USB cable.
4. Printed manual.
5. Post card (Nice gesture!).
6. Thin semi-transparent paper with something in Chinese. (it must say something nice, need to translate).
DSC02141-small.jpg

Physically, it is around 6.31" L x 3.25" W x 0.5" D in a light gray/silver metal case.
It's pretty long and wide to fit on tight jeans but can get into bigger pockets.
However, it's very thin at only half inches so looks sleek and portable.
It's same in width as my Note II but little longer.
The light gray/silver metal case looks very professional and elegant unlike generic bulky ugly battery packs.
It feels hefty and has great build quality.

DSC02143-small.jpg

Front side has micro USB charging port on the left, LCD display for power level, output1 and output2.
The front top has 10+ SOLOVE label.
Back has input output port labels as well as specifications:
10000mAh
Designed by SOLOVE/Made in China
Input: DC5V=2.0A MAX Output1: DC5V=1.0A MAX Output2: DC5V=2.1A MAX

DSC02146-small.jpg

Looks great in the sleeve/pouch:
DSC02147-small.jpg
Battery pack tests:
To check the battery level, all you have to do is shake it little bit and the display turns on.
My unit came precharged with 27% left.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II that has 3100mAh battery.
I completely drained the Note and charged with what's left on the pack that was able to charge around 40% while using it so it's pretty close to spec.
During charging, last digit of power level constantly blinks.
When battery is low, all digits blink.
Charging time from the output2 (2.1A) was quick. It took around 45 minutes to charge the Note to around 40%.
One of the attached pictures shows Galaxy Charging app measures it charging Note II at 1800mah.
The app is not 100% accurate but gives pretty close readings.

DSC02151-small.jpg
DSC02152-small.jpg
DSC02154-small.jpg

A full charge took around 6 hours from a wall charger that came with my tablet.
The wall charger got warm but the battery pack was not even warm. So pretty safe. ;)
I'll charge it with different chargers and update the time along with specs later.
After the Note II was low on battery (around 20% left), I plugged it on the battery pack and went to sleep with Note II display off.
When I woke up, Note II was fully charged and power bank's LCD was off.
I checked the LCD level and it was at 73% so that's around 2500mah (80% of Note II's 3100mah as I started at 20%) from around 2700mah of the battery pack.
Very close to the spec when Note was not being used.

After around 10 hours, the level was still at 73% so it doesn't discharge itself.
After the Note was completely drained at 0% battery that it shut itself off, I plugged it into the battery pack with 73% left from previous charge.
Note II was off during this charge.
It took 2.75 hours to fully charge and the battery pack was at 40% afterwards.
That means, it used up 3300mah (73%-40% = 33% of 10,000mah) to charge the 3100mah Note II battery. I'd say that's very good performance as it's within 7% of rated power.

I have other generic battery packs claiming to be 30,0000mah but weighed lighter than this 10,000mah and also didn't even charge the Note II twice.
Also, the generic ones didn't came with a nice sleeve to store/carry the battery pack and looked like a plastic brick.
So this was a nice surprise.
This SOLOVE 10,000mah charged Note II's 3100mah battery twice and still had enough for one full charge plus some left.
After 3rd charge, it still had around 5% left.

I've attached product pictures to show size comparisons with Note II and it's bigger 2x battery pack along with generic orange battery pack.
This 10,000mah SOLOVE battery pack is highly recommended!

I have few dashcams to try home surveillance. to see how long it can power them for parking monitor.
That'll give an idea on how long 10,000mAh can power a dashcam in parking situations instead of hard wiring to eliminate low battery issue. Hmm...

Last edited:
Back