SOLOVE Titan Ultra Slim 20,000mAh Battery Pack Power Bank by VANTRUE - Review

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
After reviewing the SOLOVE 10,000mAh battery pack, here comes its bigger brother, the SOLOVE Titan 20,000mAh battery pack.
---------------------******************---------------------
Review summary: Very nice looking powerbank and all the power you ever need...a must have.
It looks elegant and professional, feels great and works great with a massive amount of power to last a week.
Don't spend money on the generic fake bright and ugly ones.
Get this and you'll be getting close to the rated power that you can rely upon and also looks very elegant and sleek.
It has numeric power level so easy to guess how much it has left.
The build quality is excellent so hopefully, it'll work reliably for a long time.
Great gift item as well.

It's sold by VANTRUE at amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00XJ26EHE
Details:

This is rated 20,000mAh. This should be enough to last a week for a smart phone.
It provides enough charge for those whose smart phones or tablets run out of juice frequently, specially when watching videos or playing games.

Product packaging is excellent and arrived without any damage.
It comes with the following:
1. 20,000mah battery pack.
2. Sleeve for the battery pack. (Nice for carrying around to protect from scratches and dings.)
3. 20" long USB to micro USB cable.
4. Printed manual.
5. Post card (Nice gesture!).

DSC02156-small.jpg
DSC02160-small.jpg

Physical size is around 6.43" L x 4.56" W x 0.56" D.
This Solove 2x 20,000mAh is built inside a sleek dark gray metal case that looks professional and elegant.
I don't mind it in my office desk by itself or inside the sleeve as it looks very nice unlike bright plastic generic power banks.
It's pretty long and wide but it's very slim at only half inches thick so looks sleek and portable.
It feels hefty and has great build quality.

Front side has a button to display power level, micro USB charging port, LCD display, USB output1 and USB output2.
The front top has this label:
2X
SOLOVE
www.solove.com.hk

Back has input output port labels on the top as well as specifications on the bottom:
20000mAh
Designed by SOLOVE/Made in China
Input: DC5V=2.0A MAX Output1: DC5V=1.0A MAX Output2: DC5V=2.1A MAX

DSC02161-small.jpg
DSC02163-small.jpg
DSC02169-small.jpg
DSC02170-small.jpg

Battery pack tests:
To check the battery level, you have to press the power button on the front side and the display turns on with numeric battery level.
It came with 25% charge and I charged it to 100%.
It took around 10 hours to charge the 75% using my phone charger so make sure you use high output wall charger otherwise it'll take even longer.
The wall charger got warm but the battery pack was not even warm, so pretty safe. ;)

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II that has 3100mAh battery.
I completely drained the Note and charged with 100% powerbank in around 2.75 hours.
After full charge, it stops charging the phone automatically after a while.

After that, I charged a completely dead Galaxy SII (2100mah) and again Note II (3100mah) while it's on along with a tablet (3500mah) both at once.
After all that, the LCD display was at 31% suggesting it still has around 6000mah left.
So total from those:
3100 + 2100 + 4500 (Note II was on this time so assumed it may need 4500 to fully charge) + 3500 = 13,200mah.
Remaining 31% = 6200mah (may not be exact).

Then plugged in Note II again when LCD was at 31%.
The Note was off upto half charge and on the rest of the time so I assume it needs around 4000mAh to fully charge.
After fully charged, LCD level was at 8% so overall, the battery pack has over 80% rated capacity plus when you press the power button.

During charging, last digit of power level constantly blinks.
When battery is low, all digits blink.

One of the attached pictures shows Charging app measures it charging Note II at 1800mah.
The app is not 100% accurate but gives pretty close readings.

Screenshot_2015-06-03-12-56-53.png

I have other generic ugly looking battery packs claiming to be 30,0000mah but weighed lighter than this 20,000mah or even lighter than the 10,000mah version of Solove and also didn't even charge the Note II twice.
Also, the generic ones didn't came with a nice sleeve to store/carry the battery pack and looked like a plastic brick. ;)
This SOLOVE 20,000mah charged Note II three times, 3500mah tablet once, 2100mah SII once and still had some left.

2nd complete charge/discharge cycle testing gave close to 19000mah charging so it's very good as far as rated power.
I'll test it more and update this review later after few complete cycles as it takes almost a week for me to use it up with my small devices.

I've attached product pictures to show size comparisons with Note II and it's bigger 2x battery pack along with generic orange battery pack.
This 20,000mah SOLOVE battery pack is highly recommended!
The only nuisance is the LCD power display is not as accurate as depletion rate at times so it's little inconsistent in the beginning but adjusts level as it goes down further.
Just have to keep a mental note on how many devices you already charged in addition to looking at the display to get better gauge on how much is left.
Also, it may improve after multiple complete charges and discharges to display levels more consistently.
You can't fit it in your pocket but I think there is no true 20,000mAh in the market that can fit in a pocket.
If you want something smaller, Solove has a smaller 10,000mAh that fits in a big pocket (not in tight jeans though) and has enough power for few days.
Here is the review for the 10,000mAh one: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...tery-pack-power-bank-by-vantrue-review.11781/
Looks great in the sleeve/pouch:
DSC02174-small.jpg
DSC02175-small.jpg

DSC02172-small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back