[SOLVED] 25s missing between 2 files...

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all,

My firmware is V2.2 , build 20210908.
Loop recording is set to 10 min
Movement detection is set to OFF.
Sometimes, when driving, the file is closed before reaching 10 minutes, and a new file is created.
But between these 2 files, there is a gap of 25 seconds missing.
Any idea of what happen ?

1. Try reducing loop recording to 3 or 5 minutes - See What Happens.
2. What MicroSD card are you using? Some like the Sandisk Ultra don't like the camera.
3. Is the SD card new or old? Try formatting it with Sd Card Formatter

I've got the Sandisk Ultra 32 Go.
Already planned to replace it with a 128 GO, I will choose a better brand :)
Thanks for information :)

I've got the Sandisk Ultra 32 Go.
Already planned to replace it with a 128 GO, I will choose a better brand :)
Thanks for information :)

Sandisk Ultras are NOT recommended and are known to have issues with the A129 Duo. Already long discussed. This card won't work well and you'll experience erratic behavior.

1. Sandisk High Endurance
2. Sandisk A2 Exteme
3. Samsung Evo Select

Just a few to try.

Yes, I was aware for years that Sandisk was not recommended for chinese dashcams. Probably I have forgot this point :D
I've got a Samsung EVO in my stock, I will try this.

I’d also reduce the loop time, 10 minutes is an awful lot to lose if there is a problem saving that clip?

I've always used 10 minutes clips on my Toguard CE20, I've never had any issue.
But it is a good advice anyway ;)

I prefer 10 minutes clips in order not to lose the action when I press lock file button.
If I press the button at the beginning of a new file, I lose the action which has happened on the previous file ;)
Less chance this to happen with long time loop files.

I've always used 10 minutes clips on my Toguard CE20, I've never had any issue.
But it is a good advice anyway ;)

I prefer 10 minutes clips in order not to lose the action when I press lock file button.
If I press the button at the beginning of a new file, I lose the action which has happened on the previous file ;)
Less chance this to happen with long time loop files.

Problem with 10 minute loop files (I use 3 or 5 minutes) is that the larger the file, the greater chance of corruption and lost footage. By segmenting the files into shorter increments, if a glitch or error happens, you would lose 3 or 5 minutes vs. a 10 minute file.

See how the Samsung Evo card does in the A129 Duo.

Yes, I was aware for years that Sandisk was not recommended for chinese dashcams. Probably I have forgot this point :D
I've got a Samsung EVO in my stock, I will try this.

Just the Sandisk Ultras are problematic. I use Sandisk High Endurance and Sandisk A2 Extreme in my cameras without any issue.

Eveything is OK now with a Samsung EVO Plus 128GB

Eveything is OK now with a Samsung EVO Plus 128GB

Glad to help and happy to hear everything is working perfectly. I still recommend you reduce loop recording from 10 minutes to a shorter duration. 10 Minutes creates a very large file. Which in turn increases the chances of corruption should anything go wrong within those 10 minutes. Smaller files, while less convenient due to clutter, are generally recommended.

Yes I know, but I've never experienced a corrupted 10 min file on my previous dashcams.
I hope to have same behaviour on the A129 ;)

Yes I know, but I've never experienced a corrupted 10 min file on my previous dashcams.
I hope to have same behaviour on the A129 ;)

More a memory card glitch than camera, could always be both. Either way, glad everything is resolved.

Back