[Solved] Can the A129 record for a set amount of time after the ignition turns off?

Malakym

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen one mention of this but would like to confirm with other owners. Although it seemed this was some baked in overrun and not an option you could select.

I am not talking about parking mode where it continues to record (until the voltage is too low), but to record for a set amount of time (ie 5 minutes) after the ignition turns off.

The A119 Mini that I am looking at has a "Enter Parking Mode Timer", with options of "Off" | "90 Seconds".

Not sure what options are currently available on the A129 Duo, my A129 Pro does not have this setting, but it maybe outdated firmware, and I think my A229 has more options for the time period.

Is that the setting you are asking for?
And which A129 are you asking about? Duo | Plus | Pro | IR ...

That sounds like what I am looking for (more than 90 seconds would be nice though).

I was talking about the A129 Duo although I am considering the Pro as well.

I have an A129 Plus here, and that also has the 90 second option. I would recommend that over the Duo, the extra resolution is worth having, the further extra resolution of the Pro is more than necessary, although it makes nice road movies.

Why do you want more than 90 seconds?

The Viofo cameras with the 90 second option also have a "Parking Recording Timer", which you can set to between 30 minutes and 48 hours. At the 30 minutes setting, it will power down the camera after 30 minutes of parking recording and never empty your battery.

5 minutes doesn't seem to be an option at the moment, although I think it would be nice to have. In my car I have 4 minutes, because the ACC input comes from a car circuit that turns off 4 minutes after the ignition is turned off, an extra minute on that would be nice, since then it would fully cover fuel stops, which 4 minutes doesn't quite if there is a queue to pay.

I had thought Duo just meant the package came with the rear camera? (There is a Pro Duo and Plus Duo etc).

I'd be happy with 1440p so will add Plus to the list.

If the Parking Recording Timer works in that fashion then I think that will work, 30 minutes isn't too bad if not a bit longer than I'd want.

I had thought Duo just meant the package came with the rear camera? (There is a Pro Duo and Plus Duo etc).
Yes, the Duo is added to the boxes with a rear camera included, but then when someone says "A129", it is not clear if it is a 1080 version without the rear camera, or just the A129 series in general, and if someone says "Duo" then it is not clear which of the 3 resolutions they are talking about.

30 minutes isn't too bad if not a bit longer than I'd want.
Still interested in why you want ? minutes?
If it is for a good reason then maybe it can be added in the next firmware update. Just having the Off and 90 seconds options seems a bit mean on the choices, but options don't get added unless they are useful...

Some numbers in these devices do seem arbitrary. The developers must just guess and throw it in, its extra work to add a custom field and the menu/system to allow selecting that (unless its already used somewhere else in the firmware).

Ordered A129 Plus based on the above, thanks for the input.

Back