[SOLVED] Dashcam constantly restarting | Clips being cut short

blade123

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750s-2CH
Hey guys, I've had the DR750s-2CH since it first came out. I use the Blackvue 128GB micro SD card with it, but lately, the dashcam has been restarting randomly. It says "Restarting" and then turns back on again. This has been happening for months now and I notice the clips are being cut short and it does not record the next few seconds, sometimes even missing minutes of drive time. This happens during parking mode and normal mode.
dashcam.PNG

As you can see in the image, the video does not load/play after the arrow on numerous recorded videos and the next video has seconds/minutes missing.

The dashcam has the latest firmware, V1.017

Methods I have tried:
- Formatting SD card in Dashcam
- Formatting SD card in Blackvue Windows Application
- Repairing SD card using Windows drive repair

Are there any reason why this is happening? Maybe a corrupt SD card now?

Thanks for any help in advance.

tried a different memory card?

Not at the moment, as I only have the 128GB micro SD card. And I hear the Blackvues don't usually play well with other branded micro SD cards. I'll have to purchase a cheap option for now and test it out.

Thanks for the suggestion

Thanks for all the responses guys.

It turns out it was a microSD card issue and Blackvue AU has replaced my corrupt microSD.

Just in case anyone else has this issue in the future, my dashcam would run almost every day on normal/parking mode using a Cellink B Battery pack. So it turns out @jokiin was correct, memory cards will eventually degrade over time.

Back