[Solved] Getting Out of the Parameter Setting Mode

Skeezix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119
I followed the instructions exactly on updating the firmware in my A119 that are on VIOFI's website. Everything went okay, including the format on the computer.

Then I put the A119 back in the car, turned on the ignition and went ahead to set all of the parameters. I couldn't figure out how to get out of the parameter setting mode, so I turned the ignition off.

After about 15 seconds, I turned the ignition back on and viewed the parameters. The date still read 2018-09-01 and the other parameters that I set were the factory defaults too.

How do I get out of the parameter setting mode and return to normal operation?

Make sure you are pressing the ! button after each setting change, otherwise the setting will not save.

I can't recall exactly what I did but I think I pressed ! then MENU after changing a parameter.

Anyway, I followed your instructions, pressing ! once to accept the parameter's value and again to move to the next parameter. I think I pressed MENU to revert to normal operation.

Thank you for your help.

Not sure why you didn't just read the paper manual that came with your device, or if it didn't, download one from the Viofo.com website. You could keep the PDF version on your smartphone if you use one & in your computer for future reference on how to use your Viofo device. FWIW, ;manuals are online now for nearly anything that we purchase these days from the manufacturers support pages.

Of course I read the manual.
When I received the dashcam.
But how often we forget... ;)

Back