SOLVED! Innovv K2 Connectors Quick and Easy Fix

the connector would have come out of the mold in the right shape, the damage would have occurred in shipping, easy fix though

Nice one. This should hold everyone over until the new cables are ready.

simple fix to stop this happening in transit is to ship them with the cables screwed together already

Good idea. We will propose packaging department screws in / tighten all connectors before shipping so they dont turn turn oblong during transit.

Reality is, that because it's waterproof, the material does need to be a little bit pliable. It can easily happen when not pre-assembled.

Thank you Niko. This solved my wiring problem. I put a very light coat of silicone grease on the male side of the threads. It threaded much smoother than the video.
No problem.
Yeah, silicone grease is good idea.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Thats what i thought when i heard niko put the 2 together after heating, it is rare you can lube too much.

After heating them up and making the connection, do they retain the correct shape? Or do you have to heat them up again to disconnect them? Because mine are not going to get wet I have just tied them together with cable lacing to stop them separating.

I think they should harden in the correct shape hen put together, so this should be a 1 time deal.

I might try it, then. If all else fails I can always cut the caps off if I need to remove the cameras.

They retain the correct shape during my testing, no need to cut anything.

Put some silicone grease on the male half threads before starting the heating. It makes putting the warm connector on and then removal much easier than you see ion the video. Works like a champ and is a permanent fix.

Just had the hair dryer on the connectors and it worked. And you're right - it does retain it's shape. Used silicone grease on the threads and they unscrew and screw up easily.

Many thanks.

Back