SOLVED..! Recorded video looks like photo slide show(Mac QuickTime).

BalajiRC

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All,

I have A129Pro Duo 4K dash cam, here are the problems I am facing

1) What are the recommended settings for the Duo setup?
2) The recorded video looks like a medium-fast powerpoint slide show in Mac. But looks good in the Phone video player

Thanks in advance.

You might have codec issues, and or player issues on the MAC

Could be hardware is not up to it, a different player can sometimes help, also make sure they're not time-lapse files

Could be hardware is not up to it, a different player can sometimes help, also make sure they're not time-lapse files
Time-lapse video shall record video at 20x or so.. but my videos are a slide show.

There's an issue with the files being generated by the A129 Pro which triggers this on QuickTime on MacOS. What Mac are you using?

I saw similar here - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...layback-on-macos-with-quicktime-player.40668/

For now either switch to H265 which works fine or use another player like VideoLAN or IINA - assuming the Mac is recent enough it should then play fine.
Yes, You are correct.
I have mac pro with High Seira os. In QuickTime, player video is a slide show. But it works very well in VLC.
I guess I will be spending the next 1 hr watching the video, it looks good.

Can you also please suggest recommended settings for dashcam.

I just installed my computer with a fresh OS install ASO, byt the damn thing was not able to play 4K / 60 footage at first, even though my computer are pretty substantial with 12 / 24 cores at 4 GHZ and 32 Gb ram + a higher end GFX card.
But installing my codecs the machine was back up and running, a bit strange if you ask me cuz with windows 10 and my hardware i would assume if could do that without no extra attention.
After all 4K / 60 are not overly special / high end today, and the H.264 compression on my videos are far from demanding compared to some of the new stuff like H.265.

But when similar problems pop uo in here in the past installing a codec pack and maybe trying a other player tend to fix it, but you also have to be mindful that some people run some pretty ancient hardware.
MAC computers i have absolutely no experience with as i have always been a PC guy, but i know they have been around for a long time so i assume a old MAC computer could struggle on hardware too.

please suggest recommended settings for an A129Pro Duo 4K dashcam.

You should be good with default settings on that camera, i normally only change / check

Image quality / bitrate - you want that to be as high as possible
Segment size - most dashcams today default to 3 minutes, which are the size i like personally
time zone - set that correct
plate stamp - i put in camera model number as i run test cameras so i can at least give the brands a little commercial space in my uploads to youtube.
G sensor values ( parking or driving ) i don't use this as the camera always record while i drive and i push event button to save idiots in traffic, and i don't use parking mode either at the moment. So i change to off if that's not the default.
LCD screen timeout - here i often use the longest time option but for initial testing i will use OFF so the screen are always on so i can generate as much heat as possible to test camera. normally you want screen to turn off.

I am not familiar with the viofo cameras.

Im sure some of the guys that actually have this after all new camera will fill in later on, right now here in EU territory it is daytime and most are working i assume.
Not me i am sadly on early retirement.

please suggest recommended settings for an A129Pro Duo 4K dashcam.
Like Kamkar said, default settings are a good starting point, there are a few other things that you might choose to use such as putting your license plate number on the video, but you can work those out yourself. Bitrate can be increased for better image quality, but it does a good job at default bitrate unless you drive a race car under trees! Some people are currently setting the EV to -1/3, some cameras seem a bit bright without that on current firmware.

How do you change to H265? Can't find it anywhere.
Holding the Mick button for a short time, when the video recording is off, the memory card icon with the arrow on the left of the screen turns on:
The recorder switches to high-performance video encoding mode H265

Back