(Solved) SG9665GC card reader extremely slow

LittleTommy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I've attached my new SG9665GC a few days ago and today decided to check video. The problem is I can't copy videos from the card using the card reader from the box as the speed is too low (something like 100kb/s). I was wondering if anyone experienced this problem? The card is standard 32Gb from the box.

Thanks,
Tommy

which card reader do you have, the USB to Micro SD one or one that has Micro SD and an SD card slot with with a Micro USB plug as well?

Thanks for your reply!

I think the second one - from the box. It has mini USB on one side and regular USB on the other and 2 slots - for micro SD and regular SD.

try another computer and/or another card.

Thanks for your reply!

I think the second one - from the box. It has mini USB on one side and regular USB on the other and 2 slots - for micro SD and regular SD.

ok, can you try it in a different USB port or another PC and let me know if the same result?

I once had a PC where the one USB port on the front panel was USB 1.1 (all on the back panel were USB 2) - very slow transfer rate. Something else to look at.

I once had a PC where the one USB port on the front panel was USB 1.1 (all on the back panel were USB 2) - very slow transfer rate. Something else to look at.

yeah always try a different port for that reason

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I tried the card reader on another PC - exactly the same problem, very slow. When I connected it to my Sinology NAS, it started well but then thrown an error and didn't even finish copying one file.

I don't have any other microSD cards to try but tried a regular SD card in the second slot of the reader - it's even worse - 9Mb file needs at least 2 minutes to be copied from the card.

I'm pretty sure it's the reader, because the microSD card already has many files - the dashcam somehow manages to write them. Also, the regular SD card I tried is from my camera, and when connected to the same USB ports directly from the camera, takes only seconds to copy 9Mb files. The laptop I'm using definitely has USB2.0 port, I never had any speed issues when connecting external drives or USB sticks before.

Could be a driver issue, but not sure I need any additional drivers for a card reader. I have Windows 7 and never required any special drivers for USB storage devices.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks a lot, highly appreciated! Very happy I bought this dash cam, support is outstanding!!

Hi Jokiin,

Thanks you very much again for your prompt help. I received the reader today and checked the speed straight away. It's 20 Mb/s, massive improvement comparing to 100kb/s :D

I'll send you the broken one in a few days, not sure you need it but might be useful to understand the problem.

Very pleased, thanks again for the outstanding support!

Cheers,
Tommy

Back