Some DCPRO+ Questions

87Camry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I upgraded from my Panorama G (2014) to a SG9663DCPRO+ and I have a few questions. (Some info: I am using a Sandisk HE 256 v30 micro SD that was supplied and have firmware version 1.17. GPS Unit not attached for testing, rear cam connected for test)

1. When the unit is on but not in record mode, the unit goes "beep,beep....beep,beep" in intervals of 2 seconds apart. What is the reason for this? Is there a way to turn it off? There are times when I sit and don't want to record the whole time and it might start to bother me.

2. When the unit is off, I press the power button once, and the record light comes on then turns off and the unit stays off. I understand you have to long press to power on but is there a reson why the rec light comes on when short pressing the power button?

3. Is there a way to turn on a sound when the unit powers down? One thing I liked about my panorama g was that it had a turn off sound so I can know without looking that it got turned off by mistakenly unplugging or another accident. If not, could that be added in the future.

4. Would it be possible to take a look at the volume of the shutter sound when an event is recorded (file saved) When reviewing the videos, the shutter sound is loud compared to the rest of the video. This was a problem with my G as well but I'm assuming that it is because the sound is played through the speaker and right into the microphone.

5. When exiting out of the menu when the unit is not recording, it automatically starts recording. Is there a way to turn this off as well?

1. the reason is to make you aware that it's not recording, no option to disable it
2. when you short press the power button the camera gets power so the light will show when that happens
3. no, not something we're planning to add
4. we make it loud enough to hear as if it's something that the camera does automatically you probably have more important things going on at the time than to be thinking about the file save process
5. no, that's intentional

1. the reason is to make you aware that it's not recording, no option to disable it
2. when you short press the power button the camera gets power so the light will show when that happens
3. no, not something we're planning to add
4. we make it loud enough to hear as if it's something that the camera does automatically you probably have more important things going on at the time than to be thinking about the file save process
5. no, that's intentional
Thanks for the answers

1. I figured it was something along those lines. I can understand why, I wish there were an option to change the interval of beeping or turn it off totally though.
2.Ah so there is nothing that is happening other than it getting power and nothing will happen until a long press is applied.
3. I guess I'm just used to that nice little chime of the old model after turning my car off.
4. Yeah that's very true. Just a little extra audio editing needed if putting the videos online =p
5. Gotcha and I saw in the change log that if the menu is accessed while the recording is on, it will pause the current recording?

Understood. And there is also no overlap setting when in loop recording correct?

correct, there's no overlap in the recordings
Hey there, I have a few more questions.
1. How do I access the videos in playback mode? I tried pressing the OK/LOCK button in standby mode but it started recoding a locked file. I may have to check again.
2. On the Phone app, is there a way to view the videos without downloading them to the phone first? I tried after witnessing an accident today and the file size was 700+MB which was too much for my phone to handle. Also is there a manual for the app itself?

Files need to be downloaded first if you want to play back
Ah okay and no playback on the camera itself? The user manual says there is a way but that is for the SG9663DCPRO and not for the pro+? . I haven't been able to find the plus manual if there have been changes made, it'snot reflected in the dcpro manual

Last edited:
Back