Some G90C issues

Feitelijk

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
SG9665GC GT680W G90C GT300W
Recieved it yesterday from Foxoffer. (with a surprise unordered GPS reciever)

Some issues:
-battery doesn't seem te be charging (altough I see the blue light). After disconnecting the camera immedeately complains about lowbat (also after 2 hours of charging) and switches off without saving the file.

-It stopped recording after twelve minutes and then produced empty files.

-Wouldn't turn off after disconnecting from the computer USB. Have to use reset button.

All in all, I'm not that satisfied.

Questions:
Can you set the GPS to kph instead of mph?
Is there any way to set EV?

Charging for 4 hours filled the battery.
I hope that's only for the first time charge.

I think it's better to set Delay Power Off to 15 sec. In this way when the charger is off, the camera will automatically shutdown after 15 sec and it will force the save of the last file. The last file will have different lengths. When this parameter is OFF and there's no external power source, the camera will record until the battery if depleted.
Auto Power Off Settings is for the case when the camera doesn't record no mater if it's connected or not to an external power source.

It stopped recording after twelve minutes and then produced empty files.
maybe there's a problem with the SD card; try another one.

Can you set the GPS to kph instead of mph?
yes use this firmware: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw8LfG-2RaLhQUlOQ3BOai00Ymc/edit?pli=1
To install it use this thread, for example : https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gs90c-new-firmware.11884/
Is there any way to set EV?
Me too I'm interested; work in progress. when I'll find a good solution I'll post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugraded to that firmware. Will see what it does. I don't see the kph option in the menu yet.

Good enough for me. Althoug I would prefer a "km/h" label instead of 'km"

One more thing.

It looks like the cam stops recording after an "EVENT", at least I found twice that it did not record the entire drive and the last file was in EVENT. Is that something you recognize?

I would prefer a "km/h" label instead of 'km"
That's normal because "time is money". So in order to reduce the production cost they had to remove the "time".
It looks like the cam stops recording after an "EVENT", at least I found twice that it did not record the entire drive and the last file was in EVENT. Is that something you recognize?
what kind of event ? If you're using 1138, then both the shock sensor and event button work without problem.
What are your settings ? If motion detection in On, then shut it down.

. I did not pucsh any event button. I switched off motion detect and it looks fine now.

Just noticed a crackle in the sound, end a USB connection to the PC that cut out.

Not too impressed with the image quality either, but that's comparing to a F1.6 GT300W
In fact I would categorize it under crappy, I thougth it would be better on the 60fps 1920x1080p

or the HDR
but no.

crackle in the sound, end a USB connection to the PC that cut ou
?
Not too impressed with the image quality either, but that's comparing to a F1.6 GT300W
Can you identify the plates number in your clips ?
Mh14VoXxBrHZolzr

Somehow it looks that the bonnet is clearer compared with the objects further away.
99EKoM6xQCLCm6Q3

I had a similar problem which became worse with the time. In the end I had to open the dashcam to fix it (!! I'm not 100% sure your problem is similar):
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/g90-a7la70-unfocused-videos.7226/
Here a recent clip recorded at 2560x1080 for comparison (you have to see it at 1440p on youtube to get something closer to the original; there are many dashboard reflections)

And what is this strange effect around the head and tail lights?
Guess is HDR related
Possible; have you tried recording in other mode ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Goddammit! Again my trip of yesterday was cut short to 25 seconds! :mad:

Simply stopped recording, no files present. I did check the cam during the trip and it looked fine. red dot pulsating and all.

When I use HDR 1080p (and only there) I get the time and speed in huge letters on the display, in the video it is stamped in the same size as the others though. Funny.

Goddammit! Again my trip of yesterday was cut short to 25 seconds! :mad:
Simply stopped recording, no files present. I did check the cam during the trip and it looked fine. red dot pulsating and all.
It doesn't sound good; try another SD card, and, why not, another power supply.

When I use HDR 1080p (and only there) I get the time and speed in huge letters on the display, in the video it is stamped in the same size as the others though. Funny
The same on my dashcam.

When I received my dashcam last year the records weren't too good. In the end I had to open it and refocus the lens. It's not complicated, but this operation has to be done with care (to avoid other damages).

This is the second SD i tried, and both of them do not show problems in other cams.

Man, even my GT680 had a MUCH better picture than this.
I'll try the refocus, but will be ordering an LS360W to be able to see licenseplates again... :rolleyes:

Got it back together again. Pfffft.
Looks like the focus is a bit better now. Will have to wait for a drive and see.

Also I'm not sure about this HDR, are trees supposed to be blue?

120878105.jpg

This is the second SD i tried, and both of them do not show problems in other cams.
Then try another power supply. Many years ago I had a very strange behaviour with some PC power supplies. Anyway, what type of SD are you using ?
are trees supposed to be blue?
Louis Armstrong will say green :D On the other hand, it's '"normal", the same happens with my dashcam.
This chromatic aberration is a result of the lenses.

Refocussing helped a bit:
It looks better. If you remove the 3 screws and the silver ring, then you can adjust the focus anytime you want.
RcBiNOiSvghaIoai

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bo$s G90 3
Pianoman144 G90 1
camerahanhtrinhvn.com G90 6
V G90 2
B G90 25
Back