Some G90C issues

f/2.0, we are using a 2mp sensor though, our pixel size is larger than the 3.5mp models so we can still achieve a better low light result than you can with smaller pixels and a larger f/stop

The sensor is 1/3" isn't it? And is it not the same Exmor sensor as in the LS360W

The difference between the
IMX122 1984 x 1225 and IMX322 1984 x 1105
Is nowhere near enough to compensate F1.6 to F2.0.

Comparing to the AR0330 you may have a point if that cannot "pool" pixels to use the full sensor size.

Light is the key. (speaking as a physist that did quite some experiments on low light conditions: oilimmersion lenses rule!)

Saying that, I'm quote impressed with the results you get from F2.0.

I'm not sure what sensor is used in the cheaper DOD, I know the 460 is the same as ours, DOD are a bit loose with the details so hard to know for sure what they use, I thought the 3 series cameras were using a different model though

Sony actually recommend an f/2.8, some cams use this

@niko does some special deal for members here, not sure what that is exactly, its still going to be dearer than the DOD though, different hardware which costs us more, our hardware is more comparable to the LS460W

Ultimately though buy what suits your needs and budget, if the cheaper DOD does what you need then why not
I'don't need GPS, but since it's an external unit on the SG isn't that more like the external 360 than the internal 460?

I know your opinion on DOD, and you're entitled to it of course. But I'm struggling to justify the price difference, Especially with 50% less light.
I'm not sure what sensor is used in the cheaper DOD, I know the 460 is the same as ours, DOD are a bit loose with the details so hard to know for sure what they use, I thought the 3 series cameras were using a different model though

Sony actually recommend an f/2.8, some cams use this
The 360W was the first to use the exmor, 300 and 330 used the Aptina.

Not sure what sony means with that recommendation. Light falling inat a bigger angle will not be captured as well?

There's no need to justify it, if the DOD meets your needs and gives the result you want then go with that

Don't feel attacked.I'm just trying to figure out what the best picture is, and I have seen the temperature defocussing in 460's which is not good.

And there is a need for me to justify the extra 90 euro! ;)

Hmmm, doubts:

SG9665GC: 239 euro and free shipping, compared to the LS360W for 149euro http://dutchdashcam.webklik.nl/page/welke-dashcam-kopen-
Dod LS300W has been one of my favourite ones from whole Dod range. I still has nearly 3 years and never had issues. Now its just collecting dust on my shelves :).
If the LS360W has same built quality and performance ( no FW bugs or other issues ), then it is worth to try.
The only concern ( for me personally ) is using battery instead of supercaps.

Anyway, if at any stage you will be interested in SG9965GC, just send PM, I will take care of you with special deal.
Not sure how much warranty Dod reseller offers in Netherlands. I do offer 2 years warranty and delivery to Netherlands is usually 2-3 working days based on feedback from some customers who already bought.

The only concern ( for me personally ) is using battery instead of supercaps.
Yeah. Want to hazard a guess what broke om my two 300's?

Anyway, if at any stage you will be interested in SG9965GC, just send PM, I will take care of you with special deal.
Not sure how much warranty Dod reseller offers in Netherlands. I do offer 2 years warranty and delivery to Netherlands is usually 2-3 working days based on feedback from some customers who already bought.

Nice! I'm starting to like dashcamsellers.
Not sure how much warranty Rene offers, but I have seen him prompting users to send their cams back to him for replacement after he spotted some problems in video's they posted.
(And he gave me a 680 free,( well based on the increased sales as dutch dashcammers flocked to a LS300 based on video's I posted :oops:)

Yeah. Want to hazard a guess what broke om my two 300's?

Nice! I'm starting to like dashcamsellers.
Not sure how much warranty Rene offers, but I have seen him prompting users to send their cams back to him for replacement after he spotted some problems in video's they posted.
(And he gave me a 680 free,( well based on the increased sales as dutch dashcammers flocked to a LS300 based on video's I posted :oops:)
Risks are higher if battery used in dadhcams.
Back then ls300w was one of the best, but time goes by and of course these days technology changes.

What ever dashcam you decide to buy, nr1 is to buy from reputable reseller and @Rene seems to have a good reputation.

I had to pay some import tax (30%) and sending it back will take another 30 euro. I'm not prepered to shell out even more for a G90.
So, let's fix it ...in the worst case it will die completely :D

- battery doesn't seem te be charging (altough I see the blue light)
- It stopped recording after twelve minutes and then produced empty files
- Wouldn't turn off after disconnecting from the computer USB. Have to use reset button
- my trip of yesterday was cut short to 25 seconds
- This is the second SD i tried, and both of them do not show problems in other cams
I had to read all the posts again to have a better image.
Let's make a first set of tests: connect the mount in your house to some adapter and then start recording for a period of time (1H for example):
a) in a cold area,
b) somewhere where is warm/hot and
c) during some vibrations
Why ?
a) you'll find either your car power supply is ok or not
b) if there is a cold solder joint somewhere, bad connectors.

That charger had run for two years on 6 different cams which did not have that problem, And stil don't.
It's not the charger.

And again today, in very hot weather this time.:mad:
G90C cut out after 25 secs, I tried manually started it again but had to switch on and off. After 5 minutes the second file begins and again after 25 seconds cuts out.

It's not the charger.
The plan is to isolate the problem in a controlled environment.
After 5 minutes the second file begins and again after 25 seconds cuts out.
Then you can try something like this:
a) open the camera, connect the camera to some power source (in your house), let it record for some time. Check the result.
b) take a hair dryer (or a heat gun with regulated temperature if you have one) and start heating (of course low temperatures) parts of the board, connectors, cables. See how it behaves. Once again: low temperatures :p

purchased and received a new GS90C GPS firmware version 1138;
speed is displayed correctly, but the date and time are incorrect and do not edit the right date / time.

Please learn how to get the right date / time on GS90C GPS firmware version 1138

but the date and time are incorrect and do not edit the right date / time.
you have to push the ok button before you can change the values with < or >. Then push ok again to go to the next value.

I expect that the configured time zone only.

minutes / seconds and date determined by the GPS can automatically ...

minutes / seconds and date determined by the GPS can automatically ...
Yes, I expected that as well, as I expected a lot of things that this piece of ... won't deliver on.

I switched off the looprecording and I did not get any strange outages any more.
ok, but when the card is full, the dashcam will stop recording.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bo$s G90 3
Pianoman144 G90 1
camerahanhtrinhvn.com G90 6
V G90 2
B G90 25
Back