Some Issues I'm experiencing with my Street Gaurdian...

nVane

Reaction score
Country
United States
I pulled the micro SD card out for the first time in a while yesterday and noticed that the start of several of my drives were missing. For example, the first video from a particular day would be me driving down the highway, completely missing the footage from my house to the highway.

I think I know what's happening, though. I think it's not getting a GPS signal at the beginning of the drive (since I'm in my garage possibly?), so it's setting the date to 1/1/2016. Then it picks up the signal and correctly dates the next video file. So when the card fills up and it tries to delete the oldest file, it deletes the one(s) from 1/1/2016, think they're the oldest. How do I stop this? Do I need to stop using the GPS?

Related to the GPS, is there any way to automatically correct for daylight savings? My current solution is to change the time zone depending on what time of the year it is.

Secondly, it seems the dashcam does not secure firmly to the mounting plate. It will slide on and stay, but there's definitely some give in how much it can move while mounted on the plate, worrying it'll cause movement and vibrations in the video and audio.

I'm also having some hot pixels. Where can I get the calibration instructions on how to correct this?

This last one isn't so much of a problem as it is a suggestion. When you press the emergency button to lock a video file, what happens if you had just started a new video file? Say if you have an accident at the very end of a video file, and it starts a new clip right after, and you press the button, it will only lock the aftermath. Shouldn't it lock the current and previous video file? Or even current, previous, and next? I don't know, maybe that's overkill, but that would seem pretty important to me.

Thanks so much for any help.

Didn't realize I posted in the generic section. Going post this is in the model specific section. Can I delete this post? lol not an expert on here.

which model do you have exactly?

what's the current firmware version and the serial number of your camera?

No problem it will probably get moved to the right place by a admin, and besides SG have eyes on everything not least their own forums.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Street Guardian 9
M Street Guardian 5
Back