Some questions about F500LHD

Damiano

Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to thank you for all the material available on the main website. I've read all the FAQs and I'm thinking to buy the F500LHD dash cam because it's seems the most suitable cam for me. I have some questions for you:

1) Why do I need to update the firmware of the cam? Better image quality? Resolved issues?
2) I've stumble upon this night video on YT
Is it possible to have this image quality? It seems really different from all night videos of F500LHD on Youtube, maybe the videos has been enhanced?
3)In the video's description there is a reference about a "ISO" menu, I can't find it in the user manual on the website! Is there a ISO menu on the F500LHD options?
Thank you for your time. I see many Russians on this board, thanks to your dashcams we can have videos of the Chelyabinsk's meteor! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Damiano,

I'll try to answer your questions:

1) If you get a recent camera, no need to update firmware. It is risky and only makes sense if there is some glitch with the camera. Most of the time picture quality does not improve with the firmware update.

2) It is very unlikely you will get that video quality. Most F500LHD's are more grainy. There is a lot of ambient light there and perhaps they are using better quality components (lens) and are shooting at a high bit rate.

3) Yes there is an ISO menu. It only applies to photos though, not video.

Thank you very much for your answers! I'm definetely convinced about buying the F500LHD :) I'll post a video test when I get it :D

I also have a question. Somewhere on the forums, someone said that they were disappointed because they could not tag or save a video while recording to put it into protected mode. Is this true?
Also, what is the difference between the cameras on the two different ebay sites? Is it a longer cable and extra bracket?
Thanks

I will buy a dashcam. The problem: it will take a 12V-socket, which I need for navigation, too. So, I have to buy something to multiply the 12V-socket. I expected to see some suggestions on pages, where they sell cameras, but no such thing appeared.
Any suggestions here ? Thanks.

You can buy double adapters for a few dollars, auto parts stores usually sell them, a neater way is to buy a female socket and wire it in behind the dash to keep it all hidden and leave your existing socket available

www.dx.com is a reliable supplier if you want to buy online

Last edited by a moderator:
Back